It’s EFI Super Victor day

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Laid one side out yesterday and grabbed a grinder this afternoon. Ohhhh my aching shoulders.

IMG_1736.jpeg

IMG_1737.jpeg

IMG_1738.jpeg

IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_1740.jpeg

IMG_1749.jpeg

IMG_1750.jpeg

Well all 8 runners 90% roughed in. That’s all for today.
The way these Super Victor intakes start out, would you say that first 90% rough-in of the runners took much longer or took a similar amount of time as a Victor 340 to get the same 90% done?

I am looking forward seeing how this one turns out.

The way these Super Victor intakes start out, would you say that first 90% rough-in of the runners took much longer or took a similar amount of time as a Victor 340 to get the same 90% done?

I am looking forward seeing how this one turns out.

My back is killing me. It’s like you are locked in that position for so long. And with my Foredom grinder if it grabs in the port there goes a 15.00 drive cable and 8 minutes to fix it. Eats away your profits.

Did you flow it? Any before and after numbers?

My back is killing me. It’s like you are locked in that position for so long. And with my Foredom grinder if it grabs in the port there goes a 15.00 drive cable and 8 minutes to fix it. Eats away your profits.
I won't be doing any work for anyone else or worrying about profits like you do. I am just curious about the amount of extra effort itself to make a Super Victor decent. I remember someone even called them a dud as delivered right out of the box which makes sense since the Super Victor is more of core part intended to be "finished" by the end user for racing use. I have one I bought many moons ago and eventually I hope to make something out of it and put it to use, so I am just enjoying your updates.

I noticed something on the Super Victor today I never really noticed before. Maybe because I quickly did mine properly over 10 years ago and this is my second one porting. If I’d have noticed it sooner I would have taken a better picture of it in stock state but I was curious enough to grab mine and take a look at it. The top plenum radius is thicker from carb base to top of runner radius on number 5 and 4. So looking at it like I do drivers side second runner drivers side third runner from front. I’m sure they have a reason for doing it so it gets shaped and move on. I’ll try to remember to take a picture of that area when it’s finished. When you start flipping these in 12 plus different positions to get in everywhere its easy to get lost.

After buying a Super Vic a few years ago I would never recommend one unless you do your own porting…it literally needs 20 hours of work to get it right… you would end up with a $1500 intake if you paid someone to fix it

IMG_1205.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

John, have you worked on a big block super Victor? If so, is it as bad as the small block is supposed to be? (I have a maxwedge port dominator version).
Following!

John, have you worked on a big block super Victor? If so, is it as bad as the small block is supposed to be? (I have a maxwedge port dominator version).
Following!

No I’ve never worked on one or tested one. Sorry.

Is there a CNC program for intakes?

I can’t say I’ve ever seen a cnc’d intake but that doesn’t mean it’s not being done. Holding it in position and the multiple twists and turns could get tricky. I have my head v-blocks and probably 5-6 pieces of wood that I throw up on my porting table so I’m not up and down all day. Some guys prefer to stand but with my bad knees I sit for 80% of my manifold work.

Nice work John, what's for Sunday dinner.

You made me get up to check out the freezer. I made up a big batch of Italian sausage but I’ll take a day off from that. If I dig deeper and find some I may thaw some chicken wings. If not maybe waffles and sausage

I love waffles and sausage for any meal. And I've got a big package of honey BBQ wings in the freezer, for lunch.
Trouble is, I have to share the chicken wings (NO BONES!) with the dog....

-
Back