It fit....

-
Roast away about my Rad choice lol.... Going to use steel fan in engine bay and electric pusher fan in front. Hoping that should keep it cool.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Tackle it bit by bit and you'll be there sooner than you think and have an AMAZING car!! Handling, blah, blah, blah. It needs to handle a straight line and then stop!! Great work - keep it up!

I appreciate that....I have no idea what I am doing lol. I have built a million foxbody mustangs but that is almost like painting by numbers

Is there an OEM-ish way to install a blower motor on an RB-equipped A-body?

I’ve had 4 factory built big block A-bodies 2 of which were 440 cars. All of them had blower motors so I’m not sure what the issue is with them.

I’ve had 4 factory built big block A-bodies 2 of which were 440 cars. All of them had blower motors so I’m not sure what the issue is with them.
No direct experience but I believe it’s an aftermarket valve cover issue. Stock valve train and covers should fit.

Distributor is just sitting in right now, I have to grind a bit off the head to clear it, the instructions say that I was just hoping they were wrong. Ran the trans cooler lines for mock up, they seem to fit and clear everything ok, so just need to come up with a way to clip them somewhere. Had to get creative with hoses, and had to use the Dorman housing to make it all work for the upper. Lower is also a flex. Got tired of trying find molded hoses.. Getting closer. Any info on taking out throttle cable I would like some help because I am perplexed... comes off pedal easy, but the rest makes no sense to me. I have the Lokar setup to install, cable with the throttle pressure/kickdown dealio

4404.jpg

4404.jpg

Last edited:
FYI- The RB slated to go into my car which I changed direction on had no problem with the heater Motor. Somewhere in a different thread I posted a pic of a Cast Aluminum Valvecover on that side. This was Schumacher mounts and following their directions. It's a tight fit but it works. There is also a short Fan motor you can put in place of your original....

JW

Image1908823760.jpg

Distributor is just sitting in right now, I have to grind a bit off the head to clear it, the instructions say that I was just hoping they were wrong. Ran the trans cooler lines for mock up, they seem to fit and clear everything ok, so just need to come up with a way to clip them somewhere. Had to get creative with hoses, and had to use the Dorman housing to make it all work for the upper. Lower is also a flex. Got tired of trying find molded hoses.. Getting closer. Any info on taking out throttle cable I would like some help because I am perplexed... comes off pedal easy, but the rest makes no sense to me. I have the Lokar setup to install, cable with the throttle pressure/kickdown dealio

View attachment 1715976429

View attachment 1715976430

Looking great!!

I have a similar radiator set-up in my '66 Dart and I was able to find some molded hoses that work well. Check out this post: Mopowers' 66 Dart Build

I realize you already have your hoses, but if you want to switch over to molded hoses in the future, the hose #'s were Gates #20229 (upper) and #20046 (lower).

View attachment 1715976429

View attachment 1715976430
Any chance you can get me a measurement from the back of the WP pulley to radiator support? Thank you in advance, DartGTX

-
Back