It Hath Begun...56K WARNING 800x600 pics

-
Thanks all! Started re-assembly today in between rain showers. I'm also "restoring" the grilles. A little at a time...more pics to follow soon. :)

Corey -- yes. you sold it to the right guy! LOL! Thanks bro...

Final collection of pics -- all the trim, grilles, and bumpers are back on. Thanks to everyone for their kind words and most of all, THANKS Rick (71autoxr) for helping me get through this! We do good work...LOL! I'm done...

DSCF2582.jpg

DSCF2583.jpg

DSCF2584.jpg

DSCF2585.jpg

DSCF2587.jpg

AWESOME! Now go drive the wheels off that puppy! Any chance of some video?

The thing I like the most on your car is the custom hood.It looks like it belongs there!

SWEEEEET! Love the hood. Awesome work.

Beautiful work.

You missed a spot... where be the "plymouth" letters up front?

"Dark Quartz Grey Metallic" sounds French. How about good-old-fashioned American GUNMETAL.

Again, beautiful work. Love the metalflake in the Gunmetal.

Congrats.

Beautiful work.

You missed a spot... where be the "plymouth" letters up front?

"Dark Quartz Grey Metallic" sounds French. How about good-old-fashioned American GUNMETAL.

Again, beautiful work. Love the metalflake in the Gunmetal.

Congrats.

Thanks much. I have the letters, but some of the speed nuts are wasted. They'll be on soon. :)

dang will you adopt me so i can get a car like that????? JK man that is a sweet car. your daughter better take good care of that thing

Looks great Mike! Can't wait to see it in person.

Are you going to MATS next month??

This build just kicked me square in the rear! I have been trolling the site lately trying to get motivated and have been slowly getting excited by all the great builds. But this one....................... man you guys nailed it. The body was in the same basic condition that mine is in, and you made me see that it wont be so bad if I just get over the hump of starting.
The looks of this thing are great man. The hood is one of the best hood mods I have ever seen. Great forethought on that! The color choice is perfect to compliment the mods to the hood. It makes your eye get hung on the hood now. You just cant miss it!
Seeing the end (for the most part) of this build has made me wanna get out in the garage right now.
Great job guys!!!! Freakin' sweet!

Thanks all! It's been a wild ride with all of the surprises we found when we started stripping. I still have the trunk, door jambs, and under-hood to do some day. Time and money...two things I'm always short of.

Looks great Mike! Can't wait to see it in person.

Are you going to MATS next month??

Thanks Rick. No MATS for me this year. I can't afford it and my job is in jeopardy, possibly before 4/1. Maybe next year...

Love those mirrors, wonder how they would look on my 67 convertible??

Just as good as on my FB! :) They have a slight cant to them because the shape of the door is just a little different than 70+ A-bodies, but they're still functional and look good.

My hats off to ya!!! What a great job you did with this car. I absolutely love the HOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Color is great too. Your kid will be so happy driving such a cool car.

-
Back