It isn't only MOPARS that suffer from this must be worth it's weight in gold...

-
Yeah. Although, take into consideration that the car is nothing out of the ordinary, and the production numbers.

I still think you are correct on everyone taking a hit.

And the owner is not just looking for serious inquiries only, but "searious" inquiries. He must be super duper serial!

[ame]http://youtu.be/w0rLfkvl8BI[/ame]

Well it is 'gold' in color. Maybe the price reflects the microscopic gold flects in the paint. Nice looking car, but 25K?

Glenn

38,000 "original miles?" That's opposed to the "borrowed" miles from something else, right?

Nothing under the hood looks original to me....

Wtf? Last time I checked, center bolt vc's were 87-up only buddy. Lol I'm with ramenth, 38,000 on a salvage yard motor rebuild perhaps

It's a clean Nova with some dress up work done to it , not my thing but still if you had a rust free Duster that was that clean you would be listing it here for that kind of money so why all the bitching ? yes we know the msd wasn't stock either but I bet he sells it for somewhere between 20k-25k cdn which bis 18,600 to 23,000 US .

It's a clean Nova with some dress up work done to it , not my thing but still if you had a rust free Duster that was that clean you would be listing it here for that kind of money so why all the bitching ? yes we know the msd wasn't stock either but I bet he sells it for somewhere between 20k-25k cdn which bis 18,600 to 23,000 US .
only if you live in the rust belt. They typically sell for $18k for a factory big block 4 speed car

With this rust belt you speak of being anywhere east of the Rockies plus Texas , New Mexico and Arizona making it about 80 % of the continent , like I said he will sell it .

With this rust belt you speak of being anywhere east of the Rockies plus Texas , New Mexico and Arizona making it about 80 % of the continent , like I said he will sell it .

And good for him. I hope he sees the money. Means the prices are coming back and every pile of **** I'm sitting on just became more valuable. Isn't that the name of the game: you own it you're trying to sell it for as much as you can get, if you're buying then you're trying to get it for as cheap as you get?

I just have fun when guys write up things like "original mileage." On which part? The block, the crank, the aftermarket intake? Yeah, yeah, I know, it's a selling gimmick to grab attention.

Kinda like a craigslist ad I put up a year or so ago. '73 drop mouth Challenger Rallye, 340 car originally. Now it's a 440, with a repaint, R/T stripes and the guy says "this car is so original it isn't even funny." Umm... it's not original anymore and most us just didn't fall off the turnip truck, so don't try that s***. The fact he's still trying to sell it tells you something. He's a shill and everybody recognizes it.

Here's an idea for most people. Just be honest about what you're selling.

Cannucky, I paid roughly a third for my 32K, rust free survivor... and I live by the ocean in the middle of rustville...

That is only a 10ish K car...

Collector cars are WAAAAAAY over priced, yes, even Hemi cars.
The big auction houses have convinced everyone that cars are worth far more than most of us can even attempt to afford, and there's no reason for it.

Greed on the sellers part as well as the auction house's part plays a big part in it, but so does stupidity on the buyers part.

I see plenty of people dropping high five figure bid on clone cars!

Collector cars, and the parts for them are seriously over priced, which is why I'm glad I finished my car some years ago, all it needs now is regular maintenance, and an occasional part here and there.

I simply refuse to be held hostage by sheer greed and stupidity.

The market says what the car is worth , if your referring to the Duster in your Resto thread Grassy well it isn`t exactly rust free , I haven`t seen the Nova up close but I know 10 guys at least who would buy a Nova before a Duster -no I`m not one of them - and that makes his price reasonable , it`s the demand not the supply in this case , besides from the 2 pics provided it is a very clean car , as for the guys who think their pieces of **** must be more valuable because of the market price on clean cars going up your comparing real apples to road apples buddy and no matter how high the price of real apples goes it really has no bearing on the price of road apples . Perhaps if you changed your handle and listed them as Rat Rods you might get some poor sap to believe your BS but otherwise .....

Cannucky, I paid roughly a third for my 32K, rust free survivor... and I live by the ocean in the middle of rustville...

That is only a 10ish K car...

How long ago ? I too live beside an ocean , actually I have an ocean in every direction , Like I said he will make somewhere between 20k-25k on that car if he isn't desperate to sell , remember just because you found a deal doesn't mean everyone else will . I paid less than a fifth of his price for my fastback but add in the costs since and yikes .

The market says what the car is worth , if your referring to the Duster in your Resto thread Grassy well it isn`t exactly rust free , I haven`t seen the Nova up close but I know 10 guys at least who would buy a Nova before a Duster -no I`m not one of them - and that makes his price reasonable , it`s the demand not the supply in this case , besides from the 2 pics provided it is a very clean car , as for the guys who think their pieces of **** must be more valuable because of the market price on clean cars going up your comparing real apples to road apples buddy and no matter how high the price of real apples goes it really has no bearing on the price of road apples . Perhaps if you changed your handle and listed them as Rat Rods you might get some poor sap to believe your BS but otherwise .....

Missed the point here...our car is a rat rod and I need to change my handle ?

For the folks that have seen our car in person ..they have been blown away at how clean and rot free it was..especially after we cleaned all the "grease and graphite" off of it.....

Minty Nova's are being listed here in the mid teens..

as for the guys who think their pieces of **** must be more valuable because of the market price on clean cars going up your comparing real apples to road apples buddy and no matter how high the price of real apples goes it really has no bearing on the price of road apples

I take it that was aimed at me. :roll:

Hey, I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that told me that the CIA is investing in cars and that every collector car value is going through the roof because of the CIA intends of distributing them throughout the Middle East to gain control of all the jihadists while setting them up to take over Canada.

Sound about right?

No Grassy I wasn't calling your car a rat rod it was a very clean loking car from the pics I remember just some light surface in the usual spots a little more on the frame rails but nothing serious , still that requires time and money which this Nova seems to have already had and yes Ramenth the road apples to street apples was partially directed toward your comment about your crap being worth more , but you are certainly not the only one and frankly I don't remember you trying to sell your crap in a manner that would misrepresent it so in spite of our past it's not really a shot at you directly either , it was more of a comment on how some people misrepresent lesser valued cars which from what I see in the pics of this Nova is not the case with this car . If cars that clean throughout are going in the teens on the East Coast I know some guys who will be making that trip when word gets out .

no..that is what is unusual...because of he rust, I usually see cars with holes big enough to throw cars through... :) I bought my last car (before the Duster) from Edson, alberta...

Ramenth the road apples to street apples was partially directed toward your comment about your crap being worth more , but you are certainly not the only one and frankly I don't remember you trying to sell your crap in a manner that would misrepresent it so in spite of our past it's not really a shot at you directly either , it was more of a comment on how some people misrepresent lesser valued cars

That's why I was being facetious in my first comment. If this guy gets the $25K he's asking then someone will think that makes what they have more valuable and try to overprice it. We see it all the time on craigslist/kiji. The guys with the slant powered Duster with rotted frame rails and rotted floors, with an engine that's seized up looks at what a Hemi Charger is bringing at the big auction houses and thinks that makes his car worth at least half...

When you take a look at the pricing of a vehicle like this the first question that pop's into my head is "can you build it for that much?" You're right about the rust belt. Finding clean body around here is like pulling teeth. I've seen guys on here from CA or AZ on here scream "parts car" on bodies that have a little surface rust. Around here you'd pay through the nose of a body that clean. Taking that into account, what you pay for the car, plus the price of going through everything, rebuilding the engine, replacing the interior... yeah, you'd have about that much - or more - wrapped up in a build without the headache of hunting parts and putting it together.

As with building a car, though, it's a labor of love. Someone has to love a particular car in order to lay down the cash on it, built or unbuilt.

That's why I was being facetious in my first comment. If this guy gets the $25K he's asking then someone will think that makes what they have more valuable and try to overprice it. We see it all the time on craigslist/kiji. The guys with the slant powered Duster with rotted frame rails and rotted floors, with an engine that's seized up looks at what a Hemi Charger is bringing at the big auction houses and thinks that makes his car worth at least half...

When you take a look at the pricing of a vehicle like this the first question that pop's into my head is "can you build it for that much?" You're right about the rust belt. Finding clean body around here is like pulling teeth. I've seen guys on here from CA or AZ on here scream "parts car" on bodies that have a little surface rust. Around here you'd pay through the nose of a body that clean. Taking that into account, what you pay for the car, plus the price of going through everything, rebuilding the engine, replacing the interior... yeah, you'd have about that much - or more - wrapped up in a build without the headache of hunting parts and putting it together.

As with building a car, though, it's a labor of love. Someone has to love a particular car in order to lay down the cash on it, built or unbuilt.

Bingo.

-
Back