IT LIVES! And it rules!

-

fourspeed

Reaction score
Today the Duster fired and ran. Sounded ok at idle and nasty as hell when goosed.

So.... Me and my buddy take it for a little spin. No plates, no windshield, no rear glass, no trunk latch, open headers.

I don't know that the neighbors liked it, but we thought it freakin' RULED! The car is KICK ***! I left a couple piles of rubber in my buddy's driveway courtesy of the line lock. That woks great by the way - the car doesn't even budge.

Video and pictures are coming...

First drives are freakin' awsome! I'm pretty critical of myself though so I'm always listening and feeling very closley for any problems, crawling around after i'm done checking for leaks, etc.

The very, very best drive is after all systems are a go and all tuning has been done. :)

Hell, I'm not sorry about the Ford. What else do you expect when you're behind a Mopar - as it should be.

Sounds great - need details on the engine combo.

It's a '68 340 out of a Barracuda. Stock crank, .030 overbore, Eagle H beam rods, SRP pistons, 10:1, custom hydraulic roller cam, Comp Cams rockers, Edelbrock heads, Performer RPM Air Gap, 750 HP Holley, TTI headers. Dyno showed 458HP, 460 ft-lbs torque on pump gas.

THose are some xcellent hi quality vids! What sort of camera was used? Im really impressed by the car and the vids!

It's a '68 340 out of a Barracuda. Stock crank, .030 overbore, Eagle H beam rods, SRP pistons, 10:1, custom hydraulic roller cam, Comp Cams rockers, Edelbrock heads, Performer RPM Air Gap, 750 HP Holley, TTI headers. Dyno showed 458HP, 460 ft-lbs torque on pump gas.

Thanks for the quick reply. I love the way it's so quick to rev. Reminds me of my old 340 - hope my 360 sounds similar when finished!
'

very nice. early valiant in the garage too. what the story with that one?

The '64 Valiant is the next car in the shop. The owner is already working on it. He's on this site too, although I don't remember his name on here. 273 4 speed. It will be a mild cruiser. Just as much fun, but a different kind of fun.

That is flippin awesome, have to look for the duster when I come up to visit the family in Wisconsin........

-
Back