It may be over....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Before everyone goes ballistic on me, hear me out: I have a 1 bedroom co-op. I have a 3 bedroom house to sell. I have NO PLACE for long term storage while this is all happening. I have NO MEANS of doing all the work my car needs in the immediate future. My car is an eyesore.... I had nicer wheels when I was 22.... I'm almost 50 and my car looks like some dip-sh!ts high school beater. I have a friend who's been busting my ball-joints for a year to sell him the `Cuda. I know he'll do the right thing with it as he's in a better position to finish it than me right now. I figure when/if I sell the house I'll skim 10-12K off the top and buy a finished set of wheels. I'm meeting him in an hour to talk details....

I just may be `Cuda-less by the weekend. :cry:

That sucks. You can park it my place if you need a place to store. However it may be missing parts when you pick it back up.

if you get a good price and your ok with it let er go. I will probably never buy a another car that needed as much as mine did again. My next cuda will be a tub toy. I have no problems with buying a roller and doing motor and tranny stuff, just no more body work for me. :shock: :shock:

If you get a good offer, let your friend buy it. Ya never know, in 2 or 3 years he may sell it back to you!

Do what your heart tells you.

Sounds like you are thinking logically though. Now if was rare and #'s matching my answer would be different.

It may sound like a good idea now but in a year or so your gonna regret it!
Especially when the guy gets it all done.

If it's just a matter of a place to store it bring it down here!
Put some plastic under it and throw a tarp on it for now!

That's to bad John. You have put a lot of work into your car. I think that is the part you will miss if you sell it and buy a finished one down the road. It is always a good feeling when you can say you did it yourself even if it isn't perfect.

Whatever you decide, make sure your happy with it. It is no fun kicking yourself for a decision you regret later.

Also make sure you keep coming here. I came here for a long time before I started on mine, and it was time well spent.

Jack

-
Back