It only took 6 1/2 years...

-

wahzinaplymouth

Reaction score
I am normally just an observer here, taking in all the fine info, and looking at what people have for sale that I might use for one of my piles that I hope won't always be piles. However, in my 6 1/2 years as a member here, I finally managed my 50th post this afternoon! That's gotta be some kind of crappy record right? Thanks for all the good times :D

I am normally just an observer here, taking in all the fine info, and looking at what people have for sale that I might use for one of my piles that I hope won't always be piles. However, in my 6 1/2 years as a member here, I finally managed my 50th post this afternoon! That's gotta be some kind of crappy record right? Thanks for all the good times :D

I would go bonk'ers if I could not have something to say :cheers:
But I bet you know this already :glasses7: I am sure I mist you in the welcome wagon, Welcome :wav:

Congratulations on this great day, I agree, this could be a record for an active member

Do you still have your 66 Valiant 2 door street sleeper ?

Well howdy ive been here 2 years . I only have little over 10,000 lol 50 is good your moving on up to the east side lol . Keep rockin

Do you still have your 66 Valiant 2 door street sleeper ?

I still have the car, though it is in a few pieces waiting a serious underside upgrade. It needs floor pans after spending most of it's life on utah salty roads, and saving up to finally re-do the interior and a dana 60. And I'm hoping to put an alter k in it one day. Let's just say its gonna be awhile before that one see's the road again.

I still have the car, though it is in a few pieces waiting a serious underside upgrade. It needs floor pans after spending most of it's life on utah salty roads, and saving up to finally re-do the interior and a dana 60. And I'm hoping to put an alter k in it one day. Let's just say its gonna be awhile before that one see's the road again.
Well when you get started on it don't be a stranger :cheers:
I am moving forward to my suspension with frame connectors, front sway bar and dual pot MC all at the same time some time after January 1
Victoria has been a great driver and all the wheel, rearend bearings are all new and the 170 low deck is doing perfect and breathing healthy
So when you get started on it jump in here and share :thumleft:

Have a great day and a Merry Christmas

Attachments

• kennies%20camera%20$##$%20148.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 139
  • June%2520third%25202010%2520helping%2520Creed%2520Clean%2520My%2520Closet%2520area%2520OUT!%2520.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 141
It's had the subframe connector treatment and the leaf springs moved inboard, but once I started tearing into one thing, like everyone else, it snowballed into way too much, so I've got lots left to do. I may have a couple pics, might be time to start a thread on my project.

I'm a big fan of these early A's, with the 66 Valiant being my favorite, so it's definitely exciting getting things done so I may get to drive it again. I really like your car and I hope my is one day as nice as yours. Mine started life as a 170 slant car and now I'm re-motivated to get some things going. It's got a 383/727 sitting in it right now, with plans to build a low deck stroker for it down the road. Thanks for the encouragement and Merry Christmas as well!

It's had the subframe connector treatment and the leaf springs moved inboard, but once I started tearing into one thing, like everyone else, it snowballed into way too much, so I've got lots left to do. I may have a couple pics, might be time to start a thread on my project.
That sure would be cool, I am going to be keeping the lite rear end and
put 66 V8 Barracuda leaf springs under her one day, Less is more for my 170/6 :glasses7:
the best way to slow it down would be put a big rear end in it to rob what little HP I have :smile: she still hits the scales at 2.721 lbs Yes it has been on 3 scales
Looking forward to your first restoration thread :cheers:

I'm a big fan of these early A's, with the 66 Valiant being my favorite, so it's definitely exciting getting things done so I may get to drive it again. I really like your car and I hope my is one day as nice as yours. Mine started life as a 170 slant car and now I'm re-motivated to get some things going. It's got a 383/727 sitting in it right now, with plans to build a low deck stroker for it down the road. Thanks for the encouragement and Merry Christmas as well!

Can't go wrong with a 383 :cheers: a great engine IMO :cheers:

I am a fan of the 1966 Valiant too........but after being here for 6 1/2 years I am sure you knew that lol!!

-
Back