It was meant to be!!!

-

BarracudaBrian

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Brian and I recently purchased a 1966 Barracuda (as my user name suggests). In high school I was a member of the advanced auto courses and VICA. One of our brief projects was a 1966 Barracuda that was donated because the tranny was going. A decade later and a decade of tough times the car was purchased by the shop teacher to pay for class supplies... his son (just a few years older than I) was out playing in the local desert (we have plenty) and found a rut in daddy's work truck putting the frame 4 1/2 inches back. instant donor power train. the power trains were both removed and one of my friendly classmates & friend misread the torque specs for the torque converter turned 15inch lbs into 15 foot lbs instantly putting a hold on the class project until the next school year for funds to become available. the project was then cancelled indefinetly pending the sale of the car. i sold my '72 nova to help pay for the wedding and my '67 valiant sedan to bring her maid of honor down from oregon. the cashnever flowed and the car sat inthe only paint booth until another student with high hopes built the bottom end of the cuda's 225 .30 over but couldnt front the cash... three years later (& no project worth mention) my cousin is a senior @ said high school and as a birthday present she was so kind as to inquire (after much pushing, prodding & bribery) about the car. much to my surprise the car still sat mostly untouched since we buttoned her up june of 2005 with the same price tag he requested then. I immediately went to express my interest and after much discussion about my success (or lack there of) post high school I made a deal and had a car full of what used to be a cherry single owner 225 california car. i've been waiting for this A body for the past four years and i am convinced that she has been waiting for me. i look forward to putting this car back on the road with this forum as my guide. thank you in advance

CudaBri

thank you very much very excited to be here! not many mopar fans around the others are cheaper to build so they get built more often...

You should come on out to the Spring Fling all Mopar car show. It is going to be on April 25-26. Some of us FABO members will be there. It is a very fun show. There is a thread about it on the west coast board if you want to check it out.

thanks i'll check it out.

the wife misses the nova and is trying to get into mopar i think it'll be a good push in the direction. she thought my pac bell valiant was ugly. i'm gonna teach her if she goes through another car this year i'm gonna find her one!

Wow that was an awesome story....You need help or need questions asked or parts, you just post a new thread and ask don't be bashfull...These guys and gals on here will help...you will be up and runnin in no time flat...Good luck with the ole girl

We need pictures man! :D

Love those old 'cuda's. GREAT story of the car waiting for you, can't wait to read build stories!

Ken

For sure a great story Brian, welcome and enjoy the site. You definately have to get some pics up when you get a chance! Congrats and keep us posted!

added pix in the member gallery. they are right after i rolled her out of her paint booth asylum. take a look any advice about the d/s front fender?

Nice looking car Brian! It looks very solid and should build up very nice. May look in to finding a used fener or if you cant find one that one could be fixed.

What are your plans for the build up of your car?

Good luck with the build.

I keep going back and forth. do I want to bring the front wheels up? do i want as close to a stock restored original cars as i can stand or should i take the 383 short block that was in the far corner of the paint booth, build it & drop it in. I'm leaning towards getting her going with the donor power train from the 83 d100 and buildling the 225 short block w/ .030 pistons i'd like to see 300+ hp from the 225 but i've got time and patience for that to happen.

Brian, check out the 66 in my avatar. It is my wifes car, and she could do some easy convincing to your wife of the advantages of owning/ driving such a machine as you just got. These little cars are perfect for the better half, just the right size, easy to handle, and an 11 on the "Wow, that's YOUR car??" scale. My wife loves her car, and she is not afraid to enter the stoplight wars if necessary. You'll not be sorry that you got that little gem!!! Good luck with the resto, and keep us tuned in!!!

Sweet story. I graduated last year, I was in VICA for a while but it was lame so I spent time in my garage instead of the school's. I wish we had some kind of a project like that in my high school's shop but I was stuck with LSX and suburban donors from the GM plant in town.

Hey Brian! Welcome to FABO - you'll like it here. Sent you PM.

added pix in the member gallery. they are right after i rolled her out of her paint booth asylum. take a look any advice about the d/s front fender?

Thanks for the pics Brian. Looks like you have a nice solid car there. Which every way you go, it should be lots of fun.

Ken

-
Back