It was only a SMALL GAS LEAK. Post yours here

-

Jo Diesel

My other car is a Dodge
Reaction score
This was my little explosion. Small fuel tank leak I did not know about until after
C968E09C-214D-4012-8A26-619D095101CA_zpsztv8sn56.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
AA16A609-B288-41A8-B82A-8734FB57FE5C_zpsps2wx6a8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
B390715C-75F3-4530-A4A2-3A6A3033A2E8_zpsoawdugy6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

These are pictures of pictures as this happened back in 2001 before digital. The truck had dual fuel tanks and person that owned before me never put fuel in right fuel tank. I had just painted it, new trans, new brakes and a brand new Boss V Plow

Now you know why I get into arguments on here about stuff like shop heaters.

Parked truck in shop at 9pm at 11:30 pm it went BOOM !!! :cussing:

We were in bed which is upstairs 50' away [ YEA WE HERD IT ] and no one was in there

Damn....

No pictures, but I do have a story. I am only posting as a warning!

I was taking out a fuel pump in my Dart. I did not disconnect the negative cable from the battery. when I pulled off the crusty fuel line I got sprayed pretty good on my hands. I reacted by jumping a bit and knocked a wrench off the fender. It hit the back of the alternator, sparked and my hands and the fuel line were on fire! I put out my hands and then the fuel line...

BTW I ALWAYS disconnect the negative cable now...

I have a story "that didn't happen." Years ago, there WERE no "dual tanks." (Yep I'm an old guy). In a previous life I sold auto parts. Guys were always buying aftermarket tanks, or even building them, for pickups.

So this guy comes in, gets a bunch of prices on fuel hose, tubing, electric vs hand switchover valves, filters, and fittings.

Couple of weeks later he comes in, gets ahold of me, asks "do I remember him," and "Yes." He buys "all this stuff," pays for it and then he tells me

"You know, after I got those prices, I went down the street and bought a tee and some hose, and I was so proud of all the money I saved. I filled up both tanks, and put the truck away. Couple of hours later I stepped out into the garage, there there was gas all over the floor. And, the furnace is out there."

-
Back