It will be hard to justify restoring my fish

-
The reserve was hit below 7700. Like I said, I almost bid on the car. Would be much easier and cheaper for me to put in to the yellow one:

frame connectors
my 8 3/4 3.91 rear end
The 416 stroker
the new exhaust system I have
the new elec fuel pump and lines

And called it good and left the current 68 on the track. Already $3K into parts to fix it up and it needs a lot. I am in the process of making it look stock again. The yellow 68 is already there and probably much better than mine will ever be. From the ad it said orig owner so the guy must be in his mid to late 60's and may just want to do something else in life. Somebody got a nice car at a great price. Cash is king in a deflationary depression like the one we are in.

That is a beautiful car! Timing is bad for me....as usual...

This hobby is a labor of love and it's very, very difficult to turn a profit on an A body or any classic unless someone has a shop and is in the business of doing so. The keyword here is "hobby".

Restore it and enjoy it, that's where it's at.

damn, that was a deal....i dunno if this is a good or bad thing....for those looking to buy i guess its good, not so good for the guy selling it...?? i think when everywhere tries to sell their car for 30, 40, 50, 100k they get their ideas from that joker barret jackson show..

Nice car. Looks like he tried to honestly present what was there. And it looks like he took pretty good care of it and offered a very nice car.

If that was really sold at that price somebody got a deal, even in this economy.

What tears me up is I am in the process of trying to bring back a solid but pretty ratty fish that has a lot of rust issues. Will need body work and paint, besides the interior. That car would have been a better start, just drop in a stroker, rear end, and a shifter.

Too late now... just venting. If the car didn't have a bunch of bondo or wreckage, somebody got a great deal and the origonal owner (unless they inherited the car) had 40+ years of fun and still got 2X what he paid back in the day.

Hopefully the new owner will show up on FABO with the story.

That was one of the factors I considered when selling my Valiant. I don't tend to keep cars long so getting into a car for $20k plus when no one wants to pay more than half that these days didn't make sense.

-
Back