It's a sickness....

-
VERY COOL. I would not go overboard, but I'd go small block Chevy, PS, PB, AC. I LOVE the old Chevy/GMC trucks, But I would want one that drove a little easier. I have heard that a whole front suspension end will easily mate to the front of the truck. That gives you the V8, PS, PB, AC and Rack and Pinion. Old Chevy Caprices are plentiful.

VERY COOL. I would not go overboard, but I'd go small block Chevy, PS, PB, AC. I LOVE the old Chevy/GMC trucks, But I would want one that drove a little easier. I have heard that a whole front suspension end will easily mate to the front of the truck. That gives you the V8, PS, PB, AC and Rack and Pinion. Old Chevy Caprices are plentiful.
It's just pieces and again getting cab and four sides of the bed tomorrow...
Hopefully find a running modern donor to push the easy button...
Completely assemble, drive, disassemble, reassemble,.... Ect...

Once you start down the 302 path you will be captivated by its allure and deep but brief history.

I could see the S 10 chassis with a 3.8L V-6 ,200R4 trans with a/c p/s p/b under that body .
OR to keep it in the "What the heck is that ? " department a \6 904 or 998 or A500 and all the rest .

But to keep it simple just run the stock S-10 4 or 2.8L V6 with stock auto trans . If you start with a good used S-10 you could recoup some of the cost by selling all the body parts .

Last edited:
I could see the S 10 chassis with a 3.8L V-6 ,200R4 trans with a/c p/s p/b under that body .
OR to keep it in the "What the heck is that ? " department a \6 904 or 998 or A500 and all the rest .

But to keep it simple just run the stock S-10 4 or 2.8L V6 with stock auto trans . If you start with a good used S-10 you could recoup some of the cost by selling all the body parts .
This is the route I'd like... I'd like simple and budget friendly... She wants comfortable and easy... And has zero interest in horsepower...
Just look nice and be quiet and simple...

I had an S-10 with a 4.3, auto. It was a great truck!!! And I've read the plus cab frames are a drop-on these trucks! Whatever route you take, hope the both of you enjoy!

I love those trucks.
Also, the idea of mounting the cab and other body parts on an S-10 chassis is right on.
It should be a fun build...

This is the route I'd like... I'd like simple and budget friendly... She wants comfortable and easy... And has zero interest in horsepower...
Just look nice and be quiet and simple...
guy on youtube swapped a '49 Chevy on a Dakota frame. I like that idea.

at 4 minutes in the video, you can see the truck going on the Dakota frame. I'm not a big fan of it being lowered, but that's his taste.

IMG_20221015_135532718.jpg

IMG_20221015_135425892_HDR.jpg

Now that I see the truck, it will be a nice build.
I like all the old step sides.
Does your wife have a color in mind for when it comes to that point?

You're almost done!
Did you put a five gallon bucket in it yet so you can sit in it (budget bucket seat...) and make "Vroom vroom" noises? (When nobody else is looking, of course). I sure would. :)
Not me... A Chevy!!??.… Perish the thought!!..
I have taken a few pictures of my wife sitting on a chair holding a steering wheel before I got the cab home.... This is her truck.. I'll build it and test drive it for safety, but no Chevy fantasies... LOL.
I hope it turns out as she likes..

It's just pieces and again getting cab and four sides of the bed tomorrow...
Hopefully find a running modern donor to push the easy button...
Completely assemble, drive, disassemble, reassemble,.... Ect...
I wish you lived closer. I would love to help with that. I have always wanted to work on an old Chevy truck.

-
Back