Its ALIVE!!! Just in time for Pinks All Out

-

flyfish

C8H18+N2O = :-D
Reaction score
Its ALIVE!!! After months of building this new motor and encountering countless problems, she fired right up! And the power….HOLY CRAP this motor pulls HARD. This is a COMPLETELY different animal from the 360 it used to be. Here’s what’s in it now.

360 block, Eagle 4 inch steel crank (410 ci), Scat I-beams, Diamond pistons, Total seal rings, 10.8:1 compression,
ARP main/head studs, Edelbrock heads with stage 2 port from RyanJ @ Shady Dell (flow 293 @ 0.600),
Comp Pro Magnum Rockers, Comp solid roller XR286R 248/254 @ 0.05 and 0.576/0.582 lift,
Air-Gap, Proform 750 dp, Headman 1 ¾ primary headers, 727 w/ PTC 8 in converter,
4.10 gears, Moser 35 spline axels, spool, Hoosier 28x 11.5 QTP, 3250 lbs with driver.

I was trying to get this thing built before the Pinks All Out race at ORP next weekend…just barely got done in time. Going to the track this weekend for a few shake down runs before I run in Pinks All Out next weekend…any guesses as on what she will run?

Happy to hear such good news :cheers:
I don't know what it will run but I hope you have fun getting some passes in it before Pinks and all goes good.:cheers::-D

not sure what it will run probably high to mid 10`s but let us know i Have a similar setup that i have not run yet

Well, with very little run time I took the car to the track Saturday, had a lot of fun and fixed a few problems. I only got two runs in because I missed my second time run when I was re-lashing ALL of my valves (they were all too loose).

First run down the track was a tire spinning 11.56 @ 116.5 mph. Since I missed my second time run while I was working on the car, I just dialed a 12.0 an ran it (the class I was in had 12.0 as the lowest dial you could do). This time I got a good burn out and the car stuck...the converter flashed to 5000 rpm and I had a nice wheels up launch! I ran the car a little past the 1/8th, let off, tapped the brake as I approached the other car, and gave the throttle a whack just before the finish to take the stripe...and I lost, but hey, it was fun (the driver in the other lane cut a perfect .000 light, and I had a lethargic .215 light). I ran an 11.49 that run, but my 1/8th mile time went from 7.36 to 7.20 which I think equates to an 11.20 in the 1/4. Not to bad for the first 2 shake down passes. Tuesday (weather permitting) I'm going to try to tune the carb for MPH at the track.:toothy10:

Cool!

Thats a big cam your running there. Im curious to know what it's manerisms are like on th estreet,lol.

Mostly a track car?

Sweet, sounds like you got a nice setup there. Good luck on pinks and getting everything setup for it.

The cam has a nice lope to it and is VERY responsive. The car is mostly track, but she sees a lot of street miles too. I try to take it out every weekend for a short trip to the store and such...Its kinda funny, I thought my cam was a little small:-D:toothy10:.

I can see a 10.80 or less for the beast,sounds like there's way more potential in it than 10.80's though....lower the pressures in the rear's a bit and work on the light's....check the plugs(don't run it too lean)put your ducks in a row on the checklist,recheck every nut and bolt on the car,and don't lift till you pass the other car!!!!! make us proud!!!!...ok we're already proud...try and win though!!!!

Does a 750 with that much head cam and a stroker seem a bit small? I would think maybe an 850 would yeild more top end power and as mentioned make sure it is not to lean. I think you kind of have to give it air/fuel like it is a big block. But hell that is nice and I think high 10s in in reach for that beast. Great job too! :)

Does a 750 with that much head cam and a stroker seem a bit small? I would think maybe an 850 would yeild more top end power and as mentioned make sure it is not to lean. I think you kind of have to give it air/fuel like it is a big block. But hell that is nice and I think high 10s in in reach for that beast. Great job too! :)

Oh yes, I have been wanting a 950 dp and a Victor intake, but it will have to wait till next year. I already spent WAY more than I wanted to on the rebuild. However, when I add those last two components, this thing will DEFINITELY be in the 10's.:-D

i have a 67 notch getting a motor very similar to yours those are great numbers 10.80 no problom in the future!!! curious what the car ran with the 360?

I have pretty much the same identical thing for my 68 notch except for 252 and 256 @ .050 with a hydraulic and an 11.5 static compression ratio. I think you have 10's in it. I also have a 750 and 950 both Q series D.P.'s, and I can tell you that my old motor liked the 950 much better.

Good luck. There are not nearly enough mopars on Pinks All Out. I get so sick of seeing a chevy ford matchup in the finals. Go kick some.

Good luck. There are not nearly enough mopars on Pinks All Out. I get so sick of seeing a chevy ford matchup in the finals.

Me too. It's like an asshole show. Everyone has those too...

Im also curious to know how much maintenance is involved with a solid roller cam?

i have a 67 notch getting a motor very similar to yours those are great numbers 10.80 no problom in the future!!! curious what the car ran with the 360?

For an apples to apples comparison, my old 360 with 292/.509 cam, OOTB eddys, and a 3000 converter ran 12.4 @ 110 in Indy...That same motor ran 13.8 in Colorado on the motor and 11.12 @ 122 on a 180 shot of nitrous. The pic in my sig is on the bottle in Colorado.

Im also curious to know how much maintenance is involved with a solid roller cam?

Not sure yet, this is my first. All I know is I had to re-lash once, but that was my bad for not doing a hot lash in the first place. The sound is a little different...kinda like a sewing machine on nitromethane.:-D

I've often wondered about a solid roller but have never known anyone who ran one. I would think that it would be the best of 2 worlds. A solid cam and a roller cam that is,lol..

-
Back