It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
John, are you running mech. P rods? IE; cup up top, ball on the bottom?

I have confidence in ya John :cheers:
Nothing is more exciting then firing up a new motor
I hope you get your hand's on the push rod's soon.
I can't wait to here that fine motor when you get the kinks out.:blob:
I have to say the motor looks GRRRReat!=D>
Keep up your hard work and give your bud Tom a pat on the back and your wife a and good night out. you will get it moving soon.:thumbrig:

Good to hear it is a relativley minor setback and no cam problems. :) A tube of RTV that wouldn't set? Thats weird man. I used the "Right Stuff" this past weekend and worked great, no cure time.

That's bitchin.. Just remember, as long as you're making two steps forward for every one back - you're ahead of where you were lol.

Love the pic of you sittin on the floor with that big pistol grip by your shoulders.. like a "little" kid in a candy store haha..

Glad it was nothing serious.

Grant

And I double-checked everything thing 3 times.... I hope I don't have a bad lifter. :angry7:

John, do you have MPP lifters? I do, sounds like bad lifters, but when you check it they are ok, no bleed down. And I run 30 wt.

Congrats to!!!!!!!

I'm off to go visit Mikel out on the east end of the Island tonight to borrow an adjustable pushrod. I want to get this lump running before I die....

Thanks for all the encouraging words guys, but the sad truth is althought it DID run ( ingested air...fuel..add spark, and the engine attained some RPM's...) it doesn't really RUN-run. <sigh...> So it goes.

I'll get it together. :read2:

Slow and steady wins the build race.......but after the build ya better just use your foot and raw horsepower to do that.

-RPM

Consider it a minor setback. At least it's just pushrods. Between those and the shims, you'll be ok. Keep the power of positive thinking. Take your time.

Just got back from Mikel's place. He was wrestling cylinder heads off of his car just before we rolled up. After a little bench-racing with him, we're pretty sure I have lifter issues.... Thursday night I'll go screw around with it and measure again. Mikel loaned me the adjustable pushrod, a set of calipers to measure the rod, and his friend gave me a spring pressure tool to check the valve springs.

But the night wouldn't be complete without a little adventure.

SANY0002-vi.jpg

Here's Amy holding the flashlight just after our R/F tire blew-out at about 80 MPH on the Long Island Expressway. Even doing things RELATED to my car costs me money! That's a $140 Michelin laying there with a 2" X 3" window in the inside sidewall...... :angry7:

Only me....

John where can I buy some luck lke yours. Cheesh

I don't know John, I think you have pretty good luck as it appears you married a saint. :)

Where did that happen? Glass got it there?

Just got back from Mikel's place. He was wrestling cylinder heads off of his car just before we rolled up. After a little bench-racing with him, we're pretty sure I have lifter issues.... Thursday night I'll go screw around with it and measure again. Mikel loaned me the adjustable pushrod, a set of calipers to measure the rod, and his friend gave me a spring pressure tool to check the valve springs.

So? Did you measure your pushrods? Are they the right length? From what you described (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 threads showing under the rocker) it sounds to me like they're the right length but you've got lifter problems.

Did you try replacing one lifter like I suggested?

I had a good time with you and Amy for the short time you were here. After you left my dog went into the house, layed down in front of my chair and passed out - snoring and all. I guess Amy playing with her for so long wore her out... 12 year old dogs can't play like puppies for that long without getting tired quick, ya know. ;-)

So? Did you measure your pushrods? Are they the right length? From what you described (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 threads showing under the rocker) it sounds to me like they're the right length but you've got lifter problems.

Did you try replacing one lifter like I suggested?

I had a good time with you and Amy for the short time you were here. After you left my dog went into the house, layed down in front of my chair and passed out - snoring and all. I guess Amy playing with her for so long wore her out... 12 year old dogs can't play like puppies for that long without getting tired quick, ya know. ;-)

I didn't do anything yet.... I came home Tuesday night & went to bed. Last night I was supposed to go to the Mets game, but bailed out on my Wife and stayed home and slept. Tonight I'll go and try your suggestions. I was on the pnone with Steve last night (REDFASTBACK) and he said the same thing: beat set of lifters. We'll know later.....

As for my Wife, she's like that when she's with dogs. Doesn't matter where or when: if there's a friendly hound to play with, she's there. Amy commented on what a great little girl Jasmine is.

We'll be back to return your tools. Most likely round #2 will happen. BTW: What kind of beer were you drinking the other night? :-D

As for my Wife, she's like that when she's with dogs. Doesn't matter where or when: if there's a friendly hound to play with, she's there. Amy commented on what a great little girl Jasmine is.

It's "Jazzmin". The original plan was to get 2 dogs, one Jazzmin ("Jazz") and the other Bluezmin ("Blues"). But Jazzmin was such a handful when she was a puppy my wife refused to let me get another one.

We'll be back to return your tools. Most likely round #2 will happen. BTW: What kind of beer were you drinking the other night? :-D

That was Sam Adam's Summer Ale. Why?

sam adams White ale is reallly good too. seasonal just like the summer ale

-
Back