It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
Mikel did nothing wrong. I was just curious because if some random beer should find it's way to Mikel's `fridge, I wanted to make sure it was what he drinks.

Like I said, thanks for the loan of the tools Mikel. :toothy10:

Random beer? I'm not keen on the random beer, I prefer to stick to the name brands. Yeungling is another one I'm partial to these days. ;-)

I LOVE the Beck's Octoberfest. Aside from that I don't really like the other stuff.

So much for a thinly veiled attempt at buying you a 6 pack for the tool loan.....

What the Hell kinda beer do you want? :-D

:drinkers: :sign5:
trink39.gif

What the Hell kinda beer do you want?:toothy10::rock:

LIFE 171.jpg

Puke, How do you drink that dark crap ?

John, Me thinks its time for a roller cam. NO more flat lobes.

LOL... Yeungling or Sam Adams Summer would be fine by me.

Did you make any progress on the lifter issue? Measure the pushrods yet?

It tapped from intial start-up. That's why after a few minutes we shut it down. At first I thought it was a loose adjustment. Instead it's a few lifters not pumping up. I haven't measured anything (yet...) due to the fact that I'm ready to drop-dead from work...the heat... etc. Tomorrow morning I'll get a nice early start and dig into it. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a set of lifters from my local speed shop and be done with it if everything checks out OK. As of now the cam is healthy and happy.

But if the cam wipes out, I swear I'm gonna pull the slant 6 outta the Dart and drop it in so I can DRIVE this %$#@ car....

Glad to hear the cam is fine. What a pain in the *** that was for me. So far my new Lunati is good to go with no weird noises after break-in, some tuning and and about 20 miles on it.

Keep us updated once you get the new lifters in!

... But if the cam wipes out, I swear I'm gonna pull the slant 6 outta the Dart and drop it in so I can DRIVE this %$#@ car....

Psssssssst John ... don't tear up the Dart. Got a fresh and wayyyy healthy 440 here on the stand with your name on it. LOL!!!!!!!!

Hope all goes well tomorrow!

Congrats on the fire up!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing looks as good as a six pack!!!!!!!!
Good Luck on the rest.
Matt

So.....? What's the verdict?

A week off from wrenching on this heap.... THAT'S the verdict!

My pushrod geometry is still screwed up. I'm picking up a set of stock pushrods and rockers tomorrow so I can DRIVE this piece of sh... GRRR! CAR. I'm re-measuring the pushrods tonight with your adjustable rod and if I do need to order ANOTHER set of pushrods, it'll happen later. I HAVE to get this car finished! Or at least in ONE piece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been sooo tempted to crack open a bottle of Jack Daniels and beat this car down with a baseball bat...... :stop:

I need a new set of pushrods, actually. Stock length. Are the Smith Brothers ones you have stock length?

Nope... they're like 7.015". That's the number I came up with the first time I measured with my initial set of directions on how to do it. Now it's round #2.

Now I'll open up a can of worms with a fresh thread asking how it's done. 8)

All that hardwork paid off, its a great feeling firing up a car after having it rest for quite a while.

Keep us posted on updates :thumbup:

-
Back