It's becoming a problem.

-

Iron Oxide

Reaction score
I've been looking for another Slant car with intentions of just getting it back on the road.

I like junk. I enjoy projects and I've also always been on a tight budget - a house full of kids are the priority, so someone else's completed project is out of the question.

In that spirit I just picked one up that, as I drive home now, I'm questioning if I made the right choice. She's rough!

1964 Signet 200. How do you eat an elephant?

20230623_171145.jpg

20230623_171215.jpg

20230623_171128.jpg

Looks about like Vixen when I first got her. Now we drive her everyday sometimes.

That's motivating!
Read through this in your spare time. You can see what all I've done.

I've been looking for another Slant car with intentions of just getting it back on the road.

I like junk. I enjoy projects and I've also always been on a tight budget - a house full of kids are the priority, so someone else's completed project is out of the question.

In that spirit I just picked one up that, as I drive home now, I'm questioning if I made the right choice. She's rough!

View attachment 1716106006

View attachment 1716106007

View attachment 1716106008
One bite at a time.

Just noticed these when I stopped at the gas station... Do they look like later A Body or FMJ? Hopefully it's not some old aftermarket setup.

20230623_190046.jpg

Looks like 73 and up A body.
Yes on both accounts.
I give you allot of credit that is one hell of a project.
I want one of those... with a 340, 4 spd.
There is one now in AZ. A beautiful 65. Check craig's list or facebook market place. I saw it just 2 days ago.
Price was $18K that I thought was real good .Might even been on Moparts.I look on many sites and really don't remember which.

Can you get a picture of the rear end? It appears to have the big bolt pattern on the rear too.

Yes on both accounts.
I give you allot of credit that is one hell of a project.

There is one now in AZ. A beautiful 65. Check craig's list or facebook market place. I saw it just 2 days ago.
Price was $18K that I thought was real good .Might even been on Moparts.I look on many sites and really don't remember which.
Like the OP, I need em cheap, ratty=affordable, and a decade to build it. Also prefer local.
If I found a solid body, I`d transfer my driveline out of my cuda and stash it :lol:

Good eye, it's a 7.25 but I think you're right on the big bolt pattern.
I'm pretty sure it is. You'll want to not just throw that in the trash when you upgrade. People are looking for them every now and again.

I'm pretty sure it is. You'll want to not just throw that in the trash when you upgrade. People are looking for them every now and again.
No project creep on this one, I'm sticking to my guns! The 225 and the rest of the drive train will remain as long as they're not shot.

No project creep on this one, I'm sticking to my guns! The 225 and the rest of the drive train will remain as long as they're not shot.
Good deal. I'm glad to see that. I'm a huge slant 6 fan. Here's mine in Vixen.

View attachment 1716106006

View attachment 1716106007

View attachment 1716106008
Cool project! Do the brakes and front end. Get the engine done and get it running. Can you oil the paint to keep it that way would be awesome.

Cool project! Do the brakes and front end. Get the engine done and get it running. Can you oil the paint to keep it that way would be awesome.
Thanks! I have never really been into the restored patina look, but you're right, it could be interesting on this one.

2nd digit of the Vin is 4 so ifs a genuine Signet (rather than just swapped emblems).

The fender mounted turn signal indicators have to be added - I don't see any indication that they were an option for this year.

It's got a split bench with center armrest in it as well which I believe must have been added if buckets were standard equipment for a 64 Signet.

Last edited:
mopar head. It was Facebook Market Place Las Vegas. The car is in Kingman Az posted 1 day ago
Yeah, I'm cheap to but nice car,340 4 speed. Nice paint, looks good for the cash.
I keep telling myself No More Cars!

That's absolutely awesome. I love Road Toads - Before I bought this 64, it was a toss up between it and a 60 with a 3 speed. I backed out of the 60 because of parts scarcity. I think the wagon is better looking than the coupe or sedan!

In the 4 years since I've been tinkering with A Bodies, I've now had 3 Slant cars - the previous two both had Holley 1920s, this Signet has an abused BBS.

Unfortunately mud daubers rebuilt the BBS before I got ahold of it (vent and fuel inlet packed full). I've rebuilt numerous carburetors over the years. Mostly Quadrojets and Dualjets and the 1920s of course - this will be my first BBS.

While I wait for a rebuild kit to arrive, I disassembled and cleaned the carb. Interestingly enough, there were zero check balls in it and the screws have been overtightened to the point of distorting the fuel bowl and air horn.

20230624_192225.jpg

20230625_150219.jpg

I also gave the car a wash (well, pressure wash). Brightened up the crappy paint job, didn't it!

As Rusty previously pointed out it's got a 5x4.5 pattern rear axle, and I have an old set of rollers so I swapped them out. She's gotten a few twists on the torsion bars in the past, eh? Lol

20230625_145300.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back