Its finally in!!

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
To start off sorry its not an a body, my dads 65 coronet. for the past three years hes been getting the parts so i could build his 440. so yesterday my woman helped me get the 383 all unbuttoned and out,as you can see shes unboltin the exhaust for me. then hooked the 440 onto the engine crane..... and now the 440 sits between the fenders.
.30 over 440 stock stroke
10.75:1 with 440 source rotating assembly
cnc ported stealth heads
Hughes 620/626 254/260* @50 solid cam with 440 source 1.6 rockers
victor intake with an 850 holley
the radiator, plugs, front end rebuild kit and a few odds and ends are being shipped, so the beast will live by next weekend.

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 397
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 363
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 355
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 361
What would u guys suggest for break in oil, our new local shop has joe gibbs and brad peen?

well i went with the brad penn oil, got it primed, everything is flowing oil perfectly. now just waitin on the fed ex guy to bring a shiny new radiator

well got the motor started and broken in, its alot stouter than the old 383, with 275 drag radials from a 20mph roll melts the tires through all 3 gears, cant wait to get it to the track to see what it does!

Sounds like its going to be a lot Fun!!!!

I have seen Flex Fans do some Serious damage to hood when they come apart.

well i went with the brad penn oil, got it primed, everything is flowing oil perfectly. now just waitin on the fed ex guy to bring a shiny new radiator

Good choice on oil there, it ain't cheap but its good stuff.

well all is well but found one problem, not on my part. our local shop Mark small machine assembled the shortblock, all i set up was cam, heads, rockers intake and so forth. parked the car on a big piece of cardboard and found a tinny puddle of oil, it is collecting and dripping off the front of the trans, that has to be the rear main seal. any suggestions on that?

but it runs good, stalls a little more that i would have liked, with the old motor it would flash to 4-4200, now it flashes to about 5200, but she pulls hard all the way to rev limiter, not this weekend but hopefully next were planning a date at the track to see what it does

-
Back