Its official.. Im a dumb ***.. 833= broken foot

-
The best way to add insult to injury is when you sign somebody's cast.... :sign3:

Dimitri Martin

feel better . Ive split my head open clockin myself with a crow bar! 2 times in 5 mins . Yup dont feel stuped lol

.. Ps steve i dont know if i would have told that story

Pics or it didn't happen......

Here is a crappy cell phone pic of foot before the cast. Oh it deff. happened. I have to here from my wife every day as to what a dumb *** I am.

Attachments

• 1240281_504499372968199_1505740493_n.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 75
them 4 speeds are heavy, I stabbed one once with a bumper jack, and laying it on my chest, I hurt for a week! speedy recovery to ya, and you should sell that mean ol 4 speed to me now, teach it a lesson.

them 4 speeds are heavy, I stabbed one once with a bumper jack, and laying it on my chest, I hurt for a week! speedy recovery to ya, and you should sell that mean ol 4 speed to me now, teach it a lesson.

If the 4 gear goes. everything else goes w it. I got a complete conversion and the tranny is a fresh built tranny from Bob @ outrageouslyvintage (now has small scratch in the paint. LOL!!!) exclusively old Mopar machine shop/builder.

Here is a crappy cell phone pic of foot before the cast. Oh it deff. happened. I have to here from my wife every day as to what a dumb *** I am.

Thanks for posting the pic, i was kinda joking!
As for the wife reminding you of being a dumbass, just tell her you'll remember that and she'll get hers some day when she screws up. :glasses7:
Glad to hear you'll be back to work so soon, no use sitting around and getting stir crazy.
We're not a fun bunch to hang around with anyway.......

I have to say it is weird how some things you can walk away from with a bruise,other things much less severe and a bone snaps. Freshman year of college over winter break I was working in the oil patch for cash and the horses head from a pumping unit fell off the truck trailer I we were loading it on, striking my neck and shoulder and landing on my foot. I was wearing steel toe boots, and the toe was squished to about 1/2 normal height. My foot swelled much worse than your pic and was black and blue top, bottom and sides. Other than bruises and swelling my only injury from a 1 ton ice of metal was a separated ac joint!

Me standing, getting ready to take off the walking beam...
21938_1307337596666_7362346_n.jpg

The bruising is not even where the break is. Kinda messed up. The break is on my metatarsal near the upper joint on my big toe side. Pretty much top of my foot. most of the black and blues were from broken blood vessels. At one point it was twice as bruised and twice as swollen as in the photo. I thought I was going to be a hero and wait it out. Wrong answer. after 2 days my wife MADE me go to the Drs. They couldn't believe I was still walking on it. Either have a high tolerance for pain or as they always say. no pain, no brain. LOL!!! But none the less it does hurt like hell.... Enough so my walking is VERY limited.

Thanks for posting the pic, i was kinda joking!
As for the wife reminding you of being a dumbass, just tell her you'll remember that and she'll get hers some day when she screws up. :glasses7:
Glad to hear you'll be back to work so soon, no use sitting around and getting stir crazy.
We're not a fun bunch to hang around with anyway.......

I would't say that. I enjoy reading peoples comments. Reading questions and answers, and learning when I can retain it. I work on a highway crew so Im thick skinned.

I have to say it is weird how some things you can walk away from with a bruise,other things much less severe and a bone snaps. Freshman year of college over winter break I was working in the oil patch for cash and the horses head from a pumping unit fell off the truck trailer I we were loading it on, striking my neck and shoulder and landing on my foot. I was wearing steel toe boots, and the toe was squished to about 1/2 normal height. My foot swelled much worse than your pic and was black and blue top, bottom and sides. Other than bruises and swelling my only injury from a 1 ton ice of metal was a separated ac joint!

Me standing, getting ready to take off the walking beam...
21938_1307337596666_7362346_n.jpg

No doubt the body does funny things. My father was in a plane crash and walked away w a bruised liver. Friend of his sitting rite beside him ended up w a broken back and was in a body cast for a yr.

I dropped an Ice Cream Machine on my foot once, one of the huge monsters that you find inside a ice cream shop.

Strapped to a Dolley, 3 guys on one end trying to roll it up into the bed of my Dakota. Me on the other end (in the bed) guiding it. The dolley popped up, bounced and the weight of the whole machine landed on my left foot. (A few years before that I dropped a turbo diesel engine on the same foot, doing the same thing)

I could barely walk to the driver's seat of my truck, and drove the entire way home with my right foot running the gas and brake. When I got home and my dad unloaded the machine with the skid loader, I noticed a massive dent in the bed floor of the dakota, that matched the shape of my boot :prayer: My foot hurt for about 2 weeks, and I hobbled around like that.

-
Back