Its official.. Im a dumb ***.. 833= broken foot

-

swinger340

Reaction score
This past Mon I was cleaning garage and dropped an 833 on my foot breaking it (my foot that is). Now out of work and need to be in a damn cast for 6 weeks or so. May be on the site more than normal and may be selling off some of my horded parts if my bills get to crazy. On the bright side got plenty of time to gimp around and work on the 68 Charger

Man, that sucks! Wishing you a speedy recovery! Those things are heavier than they look. Kinda like putting a NP205 transfer case in a truck by benching it off your chest - hold on tight cuz if it comes back down, it ain't gonna feel good!

is the 4 speed ok?

just messin ...sorry to hear this.....hope you heal up correctly

I didn't feel a thing.... LOL!

Hope you recover soon. Drink lots o milk....

Update... The 70 A Body 4 speed is luckily OK. LOL!!! Not much I can do but laugh at my own self inflicted ignorance. Don't pay to be in a hurry

Dang, Those things are heavy. I can feel the throbbing from here. lol

Sorry about your foot. If your '68 project turns into anything like mine you will need all the time you can get.

Sorry about your foot. If your '68 project turns into anything like mine you will need all the time you can get.

Knowing my luck ill catch my cast on fire or something stupid while welding or grinding. Good time for a rd trip or take cars to shows. Usually miss everything working 60 + hrs a week

Well that was a short lived vacation. Back to work on Monday. My supervisor talked to the superintendent and worked out some light duty stuff for me to do. I guess 16 yrs and being a dependable hard worker payed off this time. By rights they did not have to let me come back till I was 100%

I think you can get new feet "2 for 1" at Walmart this weekend. Probably cheap imports but better than a broken one.

Well, don't work too hard. Once you get back on both feet they will expect twice as much.

I should be more careful when moving my 727...

Hope you foot heals well and fast! Foot injuries are the worst!

I should be more careful when moving my 727...

Hope you foot heals well and fast! Foot injuries are the worst!

Or at least be smarter than me and put on some work books. I was trying to be comfy in my boat shoes. The combo of the boat shoes and hurrying was not a good idea. If I had my boots on, my foot would probably not be broken. One of them lessons Ill never forget. Live and learn..... I learned that an 833 is way stronger than foot bones.

At least it wasn't a chebbie transmission.

Get well soon, and when the cast comes off, keep the rug rats, and pets away from that foot. They are drawn to injured feet like a magnet, just to ad insult to your injury. My grandsons set me back several weeks on a smashed big toe, I am sure of it. ;-)

Sorry to hear, try to relax and enjoy the healing time. Side note, dont feel stupid, I threw my back out once trying to wipe my arse.

-
Back