It's Official!

-

purplebeast

Reaction score
Well, I'm officially an A-Body owner! My 1969 Dart Swinger arrived Tuesday afternoon, and just in time since we've been hit with snow the last two days! It's a numbers matching 273 auto with factory A/C. It's been somewhat restored, stock rebuilt engine & trans, interior has been redone, bodywork and paint done. Basically, it just needs detailing, and a little buildup on the drivetrain. I plan on keeping the 273, just hot rod it a little bit.

69dodge17565-A.JPG

Tony

69dodge17565-A.JPG

Congrats. on your new ride! :thumleft:
Are you gonna keep the dog-dishes on it?

Thanks! I'm keeping the dog dish caps for now, though I'm thinking of painting the rims body color, and probably flip the tires to get rid of the whitewalls. Eventually, I'll put some bigger wheels & rubber on it. Overall the car is real clean, solid trunk floor and inner fenders. The rear quarters were patched, as well as the pass. floor, but the previous owner did a decent job.

Tony

What's wrong with white-walls?
58030324.jpg

Actually i ditched the white-walls off mine also! :D
Gonna keep the dog dishes though,i got a nice set of cop wheels for it.

58030324.jpg

purplebeast said:
Well, I'm officially an A-Body owner!
69dodge17565-A.JPG

Tony

Welcome aboard Tony and good luck with the Dart. That's a nice clean car :thumrigh:

69dodge17565-A.JPG

Thanks for all the comments. :p I've been wanting a Dart for a long time. I recently sold a '71 Satellite to buy this one, my heart just wasn't into the B-body. It's kinda funny, the first muscle car I ever rode in was a 1969 Dart Swinger 340 that my parents bought new, so this car is kind of like "coming home"! I'll make sure to post the progress as I go along.

Tony

-
Back