It's raining in Baghdad

-
Good morning (well it's morning here) Be careful stepping up in to your transport units
All I have ever seen in your pictures is dirt/sand I bet the rain makes a muddy mess.
Hopefully this rain will clean the air and knock some of the dust down, does it rain there very much dusted72 ?

Well I guess there aren't many tourists disappointed at having their vacations rained out lol. Seriously though thank you for keeping us informed on the conditions there, we all thank you and support you.

It doesn't rain often does it. When my son was over there he said stayed hot and dry most of the time.

No not really but we are just starting to enter the rainy season here. This place is miserable right now. Still coming down making everything nasty and gloomy. They get on average I think less then 7 inches total a year.

Wow, I just missed it then. been out for 5 days now. didnt rain the whole 7 months I was there. Hopefully in a few days I will be home. Thanks Old tired rebel. Let me know if you need anything over there dusted72.

Wow, I just missed it then. been out for 5 days now. didnt rain the whole 7 months I was there. Hopefully in a few days I will be home. Thanks Old tired rebel. Let me know if you need anything over there dusted72.

Will do. Yeah it sounds like you just missed it. We have thunder and lightning right now to go along with the down pour.

We ended up with a lake in our COP when I was there. We had to make "sidewalks" out of pallets, and even then, the water was over the pallets in places. A couple weeks later, one of our "geniouses" got one of our Hummers stuck in the mud about 20 yards from the Syrian border, buried up to the doors. Took a 7 ton and 8 1/2 hours to get it out.

We ended up with a lake in our COP when I was there. We had to make "sidewalks" out of pallets, and even then, the water was over the pallets in places. A couple weeks later, one of our "geniouses" got one of our Hummers stuck in the mud about 20 yards from the Syrian border, buried up to the doors. Took a 7 ton and 8 1/2 hours to get it out.

Did that "geniouses" have an O in front of his rank? ALL my junior CO's were college pinheads that didnt know dick about line company movements, but we had some sharp staff NCO's that would get 'em in line. 'Bout marched us off a cliff one night...Stay low.

-
Back