It's winter, whats your projects

-
I'll be happy if I can replace the sheetrock in the garage. And add insulation.. And new doors. and run a hvac duct. And new lighting..

It started so simple!

Swapping engine in my daily Dart, going from a 8.6:1cr 318 to a 11.3:1cr 360ci.

IMG_6076.jpg

does plowing snow count as a project?
and keep the plow truck running?

i had some water come in the basement last fall, i got the cracks in the wall plugged, but now i get to refinish that part of the basement

Buncha little stuff. Replace my hacked up kick panels with some from FABO, pull out the underdash stereo and wiring and speakers 9in said hacked up kick panels. Gonna see if I have the courage to work on my cracked grill surrounds, they have to look better when I'm done, right? Replace some GT trim on the Dart. Find out why the water temp gauge is intermittent, see if I can learn enough about carb tunig to lose the hesitation on initial throttle on both, all that jazz.

Had to stop work on my Dart Sport long enough to overhaul/paint my car hauler trailer. Then, back to the Dart.

Make a list,wants and needs
It will actually feel good to scratch them off,change and add items.
Big sheet of paper stapled to plywood.
Helped a couple guys build cars,they could see progress and kept things balanced that way.
Nicest thing is take a photo,easy to refer to when standing at the parts counter. In case you are forgetful. Like me.

Thanks that is some real good advice,will do just that.
At present im waiting for a new floor and both complete rockers to arive,im very excited to finaly have ordered those parts since they are kind of a big part of what has been holding me back for a long time.

About the same as @Ben Drinkin , insulation, Lights' metal on the walls all around 2 feet up, then wood the next 8 feet, then sheetrock the last 2 feet. then add a 3 tun package unit to it

00013.jpg

Finish gutting out the 60 and build the list of what I need. But first, finish the venting for the garage heater!!! Negative 16 degrees today.

22552345_1658762330812449_3793217934225861799_n.jpg

Finish gutting out the 60 and build the list of what I need. But first, finish the venting for the garage heater!!! Negative 16 degrees today.

View attachment 1715126195
That has such awesome body lines. A few years back we had a snowstorm,and the shape of the snow that stuck on my intrepid right front fender looked just like the sheet metal on the front of this one. Should have taken a picture.

So it's almost the end of january, how is everyone doing on their projects?

With the holidays and coming down with a cold I haven't got as much done as I had hoped.
now that that's behind me here's where I'm at.
Just about done with the frame connectors, next is either mini tub or rebuild front suspension, Since I have the welder out and got a new plasma arc for christmas I'm leaning toward mini tub next, then move the springs in.

Gary

I never get as much done as I hoped. I did finally get the gas lines run and put in the venting and heat is awesome! I can keep a comfortable working temp easy. Pulled the gas tank cleaned and treated it with an Eastman product and just got it reinstalled with a new sender and hoses. Interior is mostly bagged and tagged. The rust issues are a little worse than I thought so I'm doing some reassessing there.

Rick

To..........live.............through...............the...........winter........LOL

Just got done making a set of four car stands with removable ramps. Also made a couple rifle rests.
Yote

I just got started on my dash work. I would have been done, but I broke the dash insert I made so I am sort of starting over there. I also decided to remove the console and refinish the top of it. I never liked the red top anyway but I don't know how it will end up yet.

The transmission is waiting for my bonus to come in March. I did collect parts and get started on the OD/LU controls for it.

It does feel good to get back in the garage. I needed a break but now I'm ready to be back in there working on my projects!

Cley

I am in the process of installing a curtained area in my shop to use as a wash bay/sand blasting area/paint and sanding booth. I am going to use my shop exhaust system to remove the moisture, dust, and fumes. I used my old tarp off of my 42x98 hoop barn for the curtain material. I hope it works well.

20180130_145916.jpg

-
Back