I've had it with this car.

-
I am guessing you have a single point distributor. Get on the Summit website and find yourself a Pertronix kit. You can install it in a half an hour with minimal knowledge and a few simple tools and it will last years with no troubles. Mike
(not a bad thing to upgrade and if it doesn't take care of your problem you know it's not points and condenser)

Half an hour drunk and blindfolded maybe. Ten minutes tops. Definitely the best way to go.

i know how you feel man... same thing happens to me. you just have to take it easy and take a cool head to the problem you fustrated isnt going to help yourself either. i would just change all of the ignition system... thats what i did and got rid of my problems... also change to electric ignition..

Half an hour drunk and blindfolded maybe. Ten minutes tops. Definitely the best way to go.

Giving the guy the" benefit of the doubt". I installed one in my neighbor's 76 Galaxie 302 in 15 min. with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. 4 years ago and it still starts by looking at the key. LOL

HA! I drove a 76 XJ6L over a cliff backwards once just like in a movie
went to back out of a steep driveway and when I got to the bottom I went to hit the brakes and the pedal went down to the floor
before I could get the emergency brake we (me and my girlfriend, the one sitting on my old pickup) went across the road through a fence and part way over a rocky embankment,
there we are teetering on the edge of a 20-30 foot drop and I am telling her to S L O W L Y open the door and very carefully get out, (it was my drummers car)

Ow I hurt from laughing....l-m-f-a-o. That's epic dude.
Just like Ferris Bueller's Day off? ahaha

I am guessing you have a single point distributor. Get on the Summit website and find yourself a Pertronix kit. You can install it in a half an hour with minimal knowledge and a few simple tools and it will last years with no troubles. Mike
(not a bad thing to upgrade and if it doesn't take care of your problem you know it's not points and condenser)

That $550 price tag is killing me though! :crybaby:

How about stoned? 30 mins? lolol

i know how you feel man... same thing happens to me. you just have to take it easy and take a cool head to the problem you fustrated isnt going to help yourself either. i would just change all of the ignition system... thats what i did and got rid of my problems... also change to electric ignition..

It's these guys on the website that keep me keeping my car. They're awesome, and so fast to reply which I'm so grateful for.

Giving the guy the" benefit of the doubt". I installed one in my neighbor's 76 Galaxie 302 in 15 min. with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. 4 years ago and it still starts by looking at the key. LOL

Mannnn...My Jaguar used to be like that...This car takes FOREVER to start up...
Hmph...I wonder if this is why my car had the other problem with excessively cranking? That would be SWEET.

I have a slant six dizzy :glasses7: I bout used, and the shaft felt good and tight :blob: Till it was installed and warmed up:eek:ops: I could hear the pick up's hitting the metal 6 stare thing even after I set it to wide..... It's on the shelf... Can this Distributor be repaired ?

I have a slant six dizzy :glasses7: I bout used, and the shaft felt good and tight :blob: Till it was installed and warmed up:eek:ops: I could hear the pick up's hitting the metal 6 stare thing even after I set it to wide..... It's on the shelf... Can this Distributor be repaired ?

needs to be rebuilt, or you could use it as a core exchange on a rebuilt one from most auto supply stores

Sweet!

Now I just have to work and make money. Like I told PowerWagonPaul, I won't have enough cash to do this for another 2 weeks.

...I'm just glad I know what's wrong with the car right now instead of wondering...Let's see if she starts in 10 minutes since I have to go to work lol...

-
Back