Iwata 400

-
you have to watch some of these guns on e bay. some are chinese knock offs and are hard to tell apart sometimes. not saying these are, but check them out. i bought the tekna prolite and really like it, but wouldn't have any problem owning an iwata either. great guns. dave.

Good advice. These say they come from Japan. It appears to be real. There is about a $120 price difference between the w400 and the lph400. Not sure the difference tho.

iv'e never sprayed with a w400, but in my opinion, the lph400 shoots clear coat about as good as any iv'e seen. it's just an older model gun. i would love to try out the iwata super nova, but no more than i spray, i just cant afford a bunch of new toys. lol. another great gun is the sagola 4600.

iv'e never sprayed with a w400, but in my opinion, the lph400 shoots clear coat about as good as any iv'e seen. it's just an older model gun. i would love to try out the iwata super nova, but no more than i spray, i just cant afford a bunch of new toys. lol. another great gun is the sagola 4600.

I called Iwata today and the LPH400, is what I want. Are you using the silver cap for clear?

I called Iwata today and the LPH400, is what I want. Are you using the silver cap for clear?
the silver cap is a great cap for clear,and the 1.4 tip is an all around good tip. every painter will dial in their gun a little different, that's why i chose the prolite. it comes with a 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 tip. also a te10 and te20 air cap. while the 1.4 is good with high solids clear, i like the 1.3 for a standard, or production clear

the silver cap is a great cap for clear,and the 1.4 tip is an all around good tip. every painter will dial in their gun a little different, that's why i chose the prolite. it comes with a 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 tip. also a te10 and te20 air cap. while the 1.4 is good with high solids clear, i like the 1.3 for a standard, or production clear

Nice. I am thinking the silver cap 1.4 for clear and the orange cap for base. Still have to confirm that. I am trying to find,one used as I am only doing this as a hobby.

I chose the Tekna Pro Lite for the same reasons AAADave did. It's a very forgiving gun for somebody like me, who doesn't use it every day for a living. I suspect that the Iwata you want would be the same way. Check on Amazon to see if you can find a used one. When I was searching for a good deal on the Tekna Pro Lite, there were several used ones for sale on Amazon. Maybe you can find an Iwata there too. :)

I chose the Tekna Pro Lite for the same reasons AAADave did. It's a very forgiving gun for somebody like me, who doesn't use it every day for a living. I suspect that the Iwata you want would be the same way. Check on Amazon to see if you can find a used one. When I was searching for a good deal on the Tekna Pro Lite, there were several used ones for sale on Amazon. Maybe you can find an Iwata there too. :)

Awesome. Thanks! Do you use the Tekna for base and clear?

Yep, sure do. I have kept up with Alex 5280's thread on his 74 Duster in the restoration section. He bought one to use on his Duster, and gave it high ratings. I bought one mainly due to the confidence he showed in it. He was exactly right! I painted our golf cart with base clear, and it turned out great! I can't wait to get started on something easier to paint......like my Duster!
IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0339.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG

Thanks. That's PPG GY3 Curious Yellow base left over from a Challenger I had painted in 2005, and Southern Polyurethane Universal clear. It's held up well, and I never did cut it and buff it. It layed down plenty slick enough for a golf cart. That's not the gun I got. I got the gravity feed gun in the link below. Look down in the link, and there's a place where it says that there's 23 new and used for sale on Amazon, and you should be able to view all of them from there. I found that the used ones weren't much cheaper than the new ones, but that was at the time I was looking. You may find a different story now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007N6FFKO/?tag=joeychgo-20

:thumbsup: That's the same as mine. It will still take an aluminum cup if you have one, but the D kup adapter is pretty nice if you want to use that system. I may get that system to go on mine when it comes time to paint a car.

:thumbsup: That's the same as mine. It will still take an aluminum cup if you have one, but the D kup adapter is pretty nice if you want to use that system. I may get that system to go on mine when it comes time to paint a car.

Sweet deal! What do you think on that auction?

Another thumbs up for the Iwata LPH400. I have the silver, orange and purple caps. Lays everything down really nice.

i got my prolite on ebay, kind of.. autobodytoolmart had the whole kit for 260 with free shipping. their web site listed the same gun for 450. i called and asked if they would sell for ebay price and they said sure. i got the whole kit minus the cup for 260 plus 9 bucks for shipping. didn't have to mess with e bay. with the 1.4 tip and te20 cap, i even spray epoxy primer slick.

i got my prolite on ebay, kind of.. autobodytoolmart had the whole kit for 260 with free shipping. their web site listed the same gun for 450. i called and asked if they would sell for ebay price and they said sure. i got the whole kit minus the cup for 260 plus 9 bucks for shipping. didn't have to mess with e bay. with the 1.4 tip and te20 cap, i even spray epoxy primer slick.

Dang that's cheap. Was it a buy it now? I've been looking and the one auction ending tomorrow is over $300

Dang that's cheap. Was it a buy it now? I've been looking and the one auction ending tomorrow is over $300
lol. i looked around e bay last night, seems that kind of deal is long gone. iv'e had mine a little over a year. didn't realize they went up that much. i would be careful with used one's, you don't know if they might have a bent needle or seat, and them things aren't cheap. not that any body would lie about it.lol.

and one more thing, if you ever find your self ending up on spraygunworld.com, their a bunch of con artist, even if they do list cheap prices.

Look at some of Gunman's videos on You Tube. He offers a lot of great advice, and makes painting look so easy you want to slap him....lol. He can offer real world info on both the Iwata you like, and the Tekna Pro Lite, and maybe it will help you decide which one you like best. Good luck in your search. :)

I found a prolite last night on Ebay, used once And it looks that way. Comes with all the air caps, instructions, regulator, etc. All the stuff in the kit.

It was a "make an offer" auction so we settled on a price and it shipped today. I'm excited.

-
Back