Iwata 400

-
I have owned several Devilbis guns. My latest was a Devilbis Copper Tekna. It did work really nice, but I wanted something better. I called Iwata (513-476-3306) and talked to a guy named David Bostrom. I told him I couldn't afford one gun for base coat and another one for clear (which is what a lot of people were recommending), and he recommended the Iwata Super Nova 5935. It has the green 1.3 tip. He said it would be a great all around gun and that it would lay clear down like glass after a little practice.

I found a prolite last night on Ebay, used once And it looks that way. Comes with all the air caps, instructions, regulator, etc. All the stuff in the kit.

It was a "make an offer" auction so we settled on a price and it shipped today. I'm excited.
dont expect to much out of the regulator, mine went screwy after about three uses, but no big deal as i set my pressure on the wall. just playing around with mine, with the te10 cap, it will still lay down production clear like glass at 16lbs air at the inlet, even though i set mine around 30.

dont expect to much out of the regulator, mine went screwy after about three uses, but no big deal as i set my pressure on the wall. just playing around with mine, with the te10 cap, it will still lay down production clear like glass at 16lbs air at the inlet, even though i set mine around 30.

Gotcha. Spi universal clear recommends the wall at 120+ and regulated at the gun.

That's how I set my gun when I painted the golf cart body. 120 at the wall, and 26 at the gun with the trigger pulled and spraying paint. It came out slicker'n cat poop on linoleum! LOL

-
Back