Jacks: 69 cuda fastback

-
after much delay, i finally worked on it, ya i know i was very lazy last summer with my new(er) car my daytona, but that is somewhat done now, and painted and all super straight(ya i know "why wouldnt you be working on your real car lol" heard that alot) anyways after much delay, my DRIVERS FENDER IS DONE, monday i'll take it to work(i work at a shop now btw) and prime it then thats done, well ready for blocking, then on to doors, door jams and all that other good stuff, next major thing will be putting my qt pannels on.

fender001.jpg

fender002.jpg

fender003.jpg

Daytona: I have rims for it now just no tires
Picture267.jpg

0603092116b.jpg

well after 3 years, the fender is finally in primer, its in epoxy now, i'll be spray a high build primer on it tomorrow :-D. Not sure what i'll be doing next, id like to get the front end on and drive it around, maybe sand blast the jams of the doors soon too :-D

more to come!

and better pics too, i didnt bring my camera to work, this is from my phone

Glad to see your still at it Jack! I thought that you had disapeared from the site!

Good weather is coming....so get it to a point and drive it for a while.

yeah i did some what drift away from the site for a while but its summer again and im back :) The fender is just in epoxy on the last photo I primed it now with a blocking primer, also the grills are finished and in primer too! No camera, and my phone died so i'll be getting photo's soon :cheers: Maybe even put the front end on and DRIVE IT! 8)

Picked up a bunch of parts earlier this week. Just some of the basic stuff

4 piston front brake setup for the cuda, what did this come on? i figured it would be only single piston stuff, pretty sweet though!

K frame, not sure what its from/what motor any help?

PS pump, brackets, chrome trim in good condition, a whole set of door pannels, a 4 speed bellhousing, a z bar, center console chrome plates, rear trim pannels for a cuda FB, filler neck, so much stuff, extra NEW body plugs and int. screws.:cheers: SUPER SCORE

misc008.jpg

misc005-1.jpg

misc006.jpg

misc007.jpg

I need to prime my header pannel and front vilance pannel so i can put the front end on and drive it, thats next, also getting the bike running good

Also bought a 77 yamaha RD 400 last Thursday and turned 21 last Friday :-D

I have seen these 4 piston calipers on R/T cars my buddies 68' R/T Charger had 4 piston brake calipers.

AD

Very true, but A bodies used Kelsey Hayes, B bodies used Bendix, and C bodies used Budd for calipers. None of the 3 interchange between spindles.

Very true, but A bodies used Kelsey Hayes, B bodies used Bendix, and C bodies used Budd for calipers. None of the 3 interchange between spindles.

Sweet thanks for the info, i'll check soon, as of now im getting ready to sandblast the underside of my hood, i'll post pics tonight

First off, man these clips are a pain in the butt to take off and not break:

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

DSCF0355.jpg

DSCF0356.jpg

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0359.jpg

Well didnt quite finish, i kept having to stop to let the air compressor catch up, ran out of sand too, also need new tips for the sand blaster, since they are now all gone. Should finish up tomorrow and probably prime friday. After that i'll strip the hood and start the body work

Hood is done, underside is dirty from dust. Now starting on front vilance, and going to blast the bumper supports, hood latch and other misc. parts probably do that tomorrow.
DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

Put the hood on last night.
DSCF0053-1.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

What type of retainer goes in by the headlight bezel where the surrounding black piece screws in, hard to explain. Im talking about the two metal pieces that branch off of the headlight retainer/bucket.
DSCF0064.jpg

Do you mean that goes in that square hole in your pic?

Front clip is looking good Jack.

Do you mean that goes in that square hole in your pic?

Front clip is looking good Jack.

Thanks everyone, god im slow at doing all of this but since I do bodywork all day i really dont wanna go home and do it some more.

The sq is for the headlight adjusters, im talking about the round holes that are in the tabs that come off of the headlight retainer ring

Thanks everyone, god im slow at doing all of this but since I do bodywork all day i really dont wanna go home and do it some more.

The sq is for the headlight adjusters, im talking about the round holes that are in the tabs that come off of the headlight retainer ring

springs???

Well the headlight surrounding bezel which is black goes on the car, and there are spots to put what i think is screws though the black bezel then go into those spots im talking about...but i have no idea what the clip would look like, maybe something like that license plate screws screw into??? but much smaller

Well goddamn. Jack is still around! What have you been up to?

oh nothing much, still around mopars alot, just kinda shifting gears, I did a complete resto on my daytona last year while at auto body school, im also in the middle of kinda restoring a 77 yamaha RD400, I hope on here every once and a while to see whats going on, dont post much, but as last year. Good weather = must work on cars, and since I do bodywork now its much easier/faster, and since one car is done well now I will start working on this. Im like everyone, to many projects not enough time/money. But the cuda requires less money(since its mainly body work) so just time and I'll see what I can do about getting alot done this summer.

I was just cruising the Paddock Site i just found out they make inner wheel wells now woooooohooooo!

Hey Jack, just flipped thru some of your thread pretty cool and glad to see you back here, just an FYI, Paddock has gone tits up, they are in serious trouble, so dont give them any $$$. If you order, do it without giving them anything. Check some other threads on here about them.
Keep at 'er!!

4spd

Hey Jack, just flipped thru some of your thread pretty cool and glad to see you back here, just an FYI, Paddock has gone tits up, they are in serious trouble, so dont give them any $$$. If you order, do it without giving them anything. Check some other threads on here about them.
Keep at 'er!!

4spd

ah really thanks for the heads up! I'll look into it!

Finished my doors and hinges today, tomorrow I'll be taking them to work to epoxy prime them, along with a header pannel for my dads trailduster plow truck. I also stripped the truck chrome, took the tail lights out, then stripped the door jams of all the items along with the rear side marker lights. I think I may be working on the door jams this weekend, or maybe pulling the qt pannel out, it was hit on the right lower on the frame rail so we'll pull that out and get it fiting nice with the truck. Dont worry I'll take plenty of before and after photos! As already mentioned luckily I do body work and my dad does frame work so its perfect! I'll get photos up tomorrow when I prime the parts.

DSCF0202.jpg

DSCF0201.jpg

DSCF0200-1.jpg

DSCF0199-1.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0197.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

DSCF0195.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg