Jacks: 69 cuda fastback

-
frontoe1.jpg

0625072335jp6.jpg

in the front there im actually take that filler back off to continue straightening the front part of the fender, i just had some extra and threw it up there in case i needed it

That is coming along nice. Are you going to paint the whole car?

eventually it will be B5 blue, i probably wont end up doing it, even though i am going to be going to school september for auto body, its just paint is expensive, i havnt had much for practice, and the guy my dad knows is a good friend and does awesome work, but we will see.
faram3.jpg

I got the fender as straight as i could but in order to get the super smooth finish you gotta do it, i felt bad putting on so much filler but its what you gotta do

Looking good Jack! You can get in good practice, then come see me and we`ll get you a real challenge on my vert.:toothy10:

Your doing a great job Jack!

Your car looks soooo damn GOOD! 8)

Thanks alot John, yeah its even better to know that my dad hasnt helped me at all on this fender, and it sure helps alot now that i know what im doing a lil more compaired to last summer and body work.8) its going alot quicker that is about 2-3 days of block sanding, but i take alot of breaks cause its so hot out and i have an ac from the other side of the shop blowing hot air at me, and man does that dust get EVERYWHERE :-D

Well ive been on hold for a lil while cause its been so humid outside lately its to hot to work in the shop, and it dont help i have my dads ac (from the front shop) blowing the hot air almost right on me. I got a new tool box along with a set of craftsman tools pretty sweet, but i think im going to ad a middle box for more room. I cant make it wider box has to be 30 inches and under in width.
The Plastic wrap is to keep all the sanding dust off of it
toolboxsc3.jpg

fender2sf6.jpg

Lookin' great brotha. I'm really jealous at all the progress you're making. Keep it up, it's going to be awesome when it's all said and done.

I just bought myself my first tool box set, identical to yours but in black. Spent a lot of money at sears that day. The salesmen said that it was an investment, I'm really pleased with craftsman tools. Your car is coming along great. To bad we cant do the body work like you on our duster. Keep it up!

well im getting closer, still cring at the look of all the filler but man it will be smooth, i do wanna add that i hate the stupid body line :p its so freakin annoying to recreate, i worked a good 6 hours on that alone and still not even close:wack::???:
0806071805aaa1.jpg

Jack, I feel your pain, and progress. I knew right off the bat, I don't do body work, I make it!! ( from my bow tie stock car days). I turned my 67 fish (Wanda) back in Oct. of last year. She might see color by the end of this month. I think you've done a better job than the shop I hired (time wise)!!
You've done a GREAT job, and used your time well. don't get impatiant in the final stretch! Sometimes slower is faster.

P.S. I miss driving my car at the track too!!

ya I've seen a couple of em out there racing, unfortunately i missed all of the mopar shootouts:angry7:

late 60s barracuda fastbacks are extreemly hard to find around here in central south dakota area, i tried to find one before i bought my 74 duster, couldnt even find a shell. where did you pick yours up at?

well im getting closer, still cring at the look of all the filler but man it will be smooth, i do wanna add that i hate the stupid body line :p its so freakin annoying to recreate, i worked a good 6 hours on that alone and still not even close:wack::???:
0806071805aaa1.jpg

I know what you mean, I have been trying to get the little "gutter" (for the lack of a better word) around the rear wheel well perfect, I have redone it 4 times, but I think I finally got it. I used a new trick. After filling it with glazing putty (Evercoat) I wrapped a 3/4" dowel with some rubber tool drawer liner and a piece of 80 grit and slid it back and forth along the bottom edge of the gutter until I was happy with the with the shape of the top edge, then I knocked down the sharp ridge with some 120 grit on a small sanding block.

100_0919.jpg

100_0926.jpg

my dads friend actually found it, he was looking at a bb chevy truck for the engine and he was talking with the guy and mentioned he had a cuda, he(dads friend) isnt a mopar guy and knew i was on the look out, we stoped on over about a week later with car trailer along and took her home right there :) fun times, well i hope to be getting the fender/front end together so i can at least drive it this summer but man its a pain. thanks for the comments guys :thumbup:

Jack, going to see mine tonight at the shop. I see ya bustin your *** on these fenders, and I realized that you'd kill me if you new what I did!! I had "Kustom rides" in Gresham Or. "stretch" my fenders for 17" wheels! One fender was perfect, and one had a crease over the script. At least I've got way cool wheels to put back in them. Torque thrust "O"'s with the natural finish. Very old school. I see all these coments about how few of these gen2
fish ya'all got there. Come out west here, at least you can see em once or twice a month at the local cruise-ins. Bet I've seen 20 different ones this year!

If you ever get in a pinch for parts, try Wildcat Autowrecking in Sandy Or. You can find them at www.wildcatmopars.com. They probably have 50 of these cars in different stages of "donation".

Keep after it, your doin' great!!

Well now that im in school for auto body repair, and i got a job at a body shop :grin: and better yet i get to work on old cars well for now. to bad they are fords :p, so now i have 2 jobs and am trying to save for qt pannels for my barracuda so i can put them on in my body shop classes, some good news the price of qt pannels went down a lil only $405 to get them both from paddock...yet 150 to ship :| wow! Im also doing a qt pannel on a 66 chevelle right now, and man those aftermarket pannels are junk, guy decided to be cheap and NOT buy the factory orginal, but like my teacher says "you cant build a show car with ****" body lines are about 1/4 in off from the doors :O kinda makes me ticked i cant buy the factory qts for my cuda but o well i'll figure it out. Just though id update you guys on what im up to currently. I havnt gotten time to work on my fender lately, work, school and its way to cold outside to be doing that. Im trying to save every penny. i'll keep you guys posted :thumbup:

Jack, your cuda is coming along great dude!

how old are you by the way?

im 17 and starting to get busy on my dads old cuda, its a 67...im about to make a 400$ order from summit here soon just for little odds and ends, and i havent even really thought about the motor. i figured id get mine rolling first...

ill be sure to keep an eye out on this thread.

im 17 and a senior in high school btw and working 30 hours a week at the sunoco my dad also works at.

cool to see someone doing the basically the same thing im doing and someone else whos about the same age, heres a link to my build man!
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=27189

Jack, your cuda is coming along great dude!

how old are you by the way?

im 17 and starting to get busy on my dads old cuda, its a 67...im about to make a 400$ order from summit here soon just for little odds and ends, and i havent even really thought about the motor. i figured id get mine rolling first...

ill be sure to keep an eye out on this thread.

im 17 and a senior in high school btw and working 30 hours a week at the sunoco my dad also works at.

cool to see someone doing the basically the same thing im doing and someone else whos about the same age, heres a link to my build man!
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=27189

your not the only one whos 17 here, i just have a 74 duster instead of a fastback cuda'

Jack, I saw the first pics of you bringing the Barracuda home and haven't followed the progress until now. It looks great. That is some wonderful work you (and your dad) are doing.

Well thats cool there are multiply younger mopar enthusists around here :thumbup: so now with 2 jobs i hope i can save up the money soon to get those qt pannels. it doesnt help i have 2 projects now, i want parts for my daytona and cuda, but the cuda is getting 'dibs' on the money right now :D. I dont know why but after so long it like kicks my thread off the members list lineup, i dont know why so i figured id bring it back and update

and like everyone I NEED MORE MONEY haha:p

Nice looking Barracuda man....keep going and don't give up. That broken bolt looked like a pain the butt, I hate that! I broke off an exhaust bolt in the head just before putting the motor in my car, I was so mad. I went through about $20 in drill bits and finally had to call in an experienced friend to finish it off for me, I just didn't have the patience. He had a nice set of taps to finish the job.

-
Back