Jake picked up a spare rear glass today

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
for a whopping $50, he came home with a very nice rear glass for his 65 B'cuda because you just never know.........

I was offered 3 rear windows for $50 and turned them down! That would've made 7, and thats probably 6 too many!! Just scrapped out a 64 and just left the window in it! They were getting ready to haul the shell down to the U-pull, and they were salivating at the window!! Poor fools!!! Geof

I bought a RUSTY 66 Cuda for parts and the guy wanted $1000 for it because he was told that's what the rear window was worth new. I gave him $100 for the car and told him he could keep his $1000 rear window. He took the $100 and left the window. Guess an 80 year old man doesn't want to lug around a big back glass.

for a whopping $50, he came home with a very nice rear glass for his 65 B'cuda because you just never know.........

Yup= I'm the guy who sold the glass- the great thing is that this is a Dad and son who restored the Cuda for the son to drive- their is hope for the future of the hobby. someone has to be around to buy our cars when they pry our keys out of our hands to send us to the rocking chair in the nursing home...
Thanks to Mark and Jake for helping me clean out the garage to get ready to move....

There was an old clapped out 65 Cuda for sale near me a while back! Went to look at it and called the number and asked the price...$4500!!! When i asked why it was so much the owner told me that the back glass alone was worth $1500! I did what any self respecting early A afficianado would do....i offered him 3 rear windows in trade for the car!! That was met with a resonding NO!!! Gee, I wonder why???

There was an old clapped out 65 Cuda for sale near me a while back! Went to look at it and called the number and asked the price...$4500!!! When i asked why it was so much the owner told me that the back glass alone was worth $1500! I did what any self respecting early A afficianado would do....i offered him 3 rear windows in trade for the car!! That was met with a resonding NO!!! Gee, I wonder why???

This is great!!!

I have picked up a couple for the '67 barracuda here and there, but I often see them on CL for $300 plus

Thanks again Gib! He was supposed to drive my Shelby Dakota for a couple of years, but I found the 65 by accident and we let him give the old guy $400 for it. He wanted $800 "because of the rear window value". It has been a joy of a whole new level teaching him and learning some myself while we built the car. He's still got a lot to learn, but didnt/dont we all.....

But yes, the hobby lives on in my house. Jake's 5yr old brother already wants to get started on my 69 Wanna Bee that's been in the works for 17 years but always put on the back burner.

Im totally stoked about Jakes car, its such a cool little Cuda! You 2 should be rightly proud of the car, and your quality time together while working to create such a nice job!! Geof

Thanks Cosgig... And all of FABO !

I wonder if anyone has ever needed to replace the glass? 25 years ago I watched guys at Carlisle start with $700 when they unloaded, keep dropping down all week- finally sunday afternoon they decided to break it up rather than take back home (non-Mopar guys). It took quite a bit of effort- finally using a bumper jack- they did get it broken
the most amazing part of Chrysler engineering is the optics- any way to look thru it, there is no distortion or blurring
Any one with an early Cuda should have a spare- just in case

BTW- have 67 - 69 front and rear glass ( both coupe and fastback...)

-
Back