Jeep kits

-
Not really on topic but kinda.

Back when I was heavy into 4 wheeling almost everyone ran carbs. What blows my mind is that we never washed down the cylinders. I have no idea how that was possible.

I had carbs running with the truck laying on its side.

I had trucks upside down often.

I know for a fact raw fuel was volcanoing out of the float bowl vents and down the throat of many engines.

Now days my hobby is more racing and I have seen two engines die due to stuck floats and raw fuel.

I know for a fact I was filling the crank case with fuel and back then I wasn't such a fan of preventative maintenance, such as changing the oil....

So what gives?

Why do truck engines seem to be immune to washing out the rings and race engines die if I close the trunk to hard?

Not really on topic but kinda.

Back when I was heavy into 4 wheeling almost everyone ran carbs. What blows my mind is that we never washed down the cylinders. I have no idea how that was possible.

I had carbs running with the truck laying on its side.

I had trucks upside down often.

I know for a fact raw fuel was volcanoing out of the float bowl vents and down the throat of many engines.

Now days my hobby is more racing and I have seen two engines die due to stuck floats and raw fuel.

I know for a fact I was filling the crank case with fuel and back then I wasn't such a fan of preventative maintenance, such as changing the oil....

So what gives?

Why do truck engines seem to be immune to washing out the rings and race engines die if I close the trunk to hard?

what time frame are we talking ?

it may be as simple as the way we make fuel now?

Back in the day I had a CJ5 with a 401/4 speed for a dolly driver.It seemed like I was always stopping for gas,but it would go anywhere.It was also faster than a lot of the muscle cars of the day.

Back in the day I had a CJ5 with a 401/4 speed for a dolly driver.It seemed like I was always stopping for gas,but it would go anywhere.It was also faster than a lot of the muscle cars of the day.

nice. i had a 72 cj5 eith a amc 360 and 3 speed manual trans on it. man it was a fast little thing. damn good offroad too

-
Back