Jeep Rant

-
Sorry to hear you're not getting the help you need on JF. Unfortunately it seems that many of the really tech savvy YJ guys have bought newer rigs, there are a few of us around willing to help as much as we can. ANY electrical questions talk to Que, mechanical ask Mean Max (those are the two I go to when I can't figure it out). Pretty much anyone in the "wrecking crew" will provide you good info or at least point you in the right direction. A big problem is we're being inundated over there with a slew of 16 - 22 year olds that KNOW everything. :violent1:

Funny my first post here is about another forum that I'm active on, so far just reading as much as I can over here.

jeep forum .com has great tech pages

I've got a 99 XJ.yes we do need a keep forum here....he'll yeah.
Jeep forum.com is okay but hit and miss.
You best bet for navigating there is to use the search function then of you can't find the answers you're looking for just post your questions but don't be surprised if you don't get much feedback unless you claim to be a young female in search of a young stud with your laundry list of issues then you will get all the advice and then some.
JK.
Chances are the issues you are having with your jeep are very common and you,will find your answers with the search function by reading other threads from people with the same issues.

I still think the 4.0 inline 6 is one of the punchiest motors on the planet.

I would love to build one and drop it in a dart some day.

So cudaspaz, what you're saying is I should have used ToplessCanadianBabe as a username rather than dusterglenn? Think that might've got me some better/quicker answers?

My 200k mile 96 zj has a few problem with the wiring and the AC doesn't work but I live with it. The 5.2 still runs great and I love it. It just seems that a lot of people work on jeep that should never touch a car. My zj's previous owner was one of "those guys".

I hate to tell you this, but check your evaporator. They switched suppliers for the evaporators in 95 from Ford to "Accustar" (which Chrysler used to own and sold off). 83% of the evaporators off of the assy line had to be sent to 7 different repair shops to find and fix the leaks. They should have stuck with Ford.

krazykuda said:
I hate to tell you this, but check your evaporator. They switched suppliers for the evaporators in 95 from Ford to "Accustar" (which Chrysler used to own and sold off). 83% of the evaporators off of the assy line had to be sent to 7 different repair shops to find and fix the leaks. They should have stuck with Ford.

It was in a wreck before I bought it. The condenser must have gotten smashed and it was not replaced. It doesnt got too hot up here. I just cruse with the windows down. Lol

That's a pretty clean looking YJ you've got there Glenn. FWIW, the YJ Tech is typically the most knowledgeable over there.

Here's a pic of my junk while I was getting it back together....

Monsta37.jpg

So, I did finally get my vacuum leak solved. The adapter bolts had been so incredibly tight, I needed to file down the distortions around the bolt holes to get it to sit flat. I hope the previous owner never got INSIDE the engine...

-
Back