Jeep XJ in the Mountains!

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Enjoy! I had to get out... :cheers: Anyone who thinks Wheelin' is not intensive needs to go for a ride with me... This was a very short part of the trail..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIW6n1rsXo&feature=plcp"]XJ on Chinn Lake Trail - YouTube[/ame]

:happy1:

The wife and I had Cherokees for many years. Every time we wore one out we got another. Loved every one of them. We would still be driving them if still made them with the 4.0 straight 6.

The wife and I had Cherokees for many years. Every time we wore one out we got another. Loved every one of them. We would still be driving them if still made them with the 4.0 straight 6.

I've got a thread on building that 4.0 HO! They are awesome...

More pics:

The Mighty Heep makes it to 11,100'... that's over 2 miles high! :cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 337
More cool pics from the top 'O' the trail. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0755.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0756.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_0757.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0759.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0760.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 321
Every one we got rid of had a good running 4.0 engine in it. The rest of the Jeep would wear out around the engine. And they went anywhere we put it in the snow. We never had the chance to do trail rides with our Cherokees.
Now we have a '12 Jeep Wrangler and are dieing to do a Jeep Jamboree or other off roading.

11000 feet!!! We would have to stack our mountains here in PA to get to that altitude!

Every one we got rid of had a good running 4.0 engine in it. The rest of the Jeep would wear out around the engine. And they went anywhere we put it in the snow. We never had the chance to do trail rides with our Cherokees.
Now we have a '12 Jeep Wrangler and are dieing to do a Jeep Jamboree or other off roading.

Find a local club!

http://www.pajeeps.org/

There ya go, no excuses. :burnout: :)

Nice,Ram! The 4.0 ,best engine Jeep engine ever built.Might think about selling those videos,to whoever's in charge for Commerce of Colorado!

11000 feet!!! We would have to stack our mountains here in PA to get to that altitude!

Note the snow.... Most likely a small glacier if you check out the moss on the run down....

Nice,Ram! The 4.0 ,best engine Jeep engine ever built.Might think about selling those videos,to whoever's in charge for Commerce of Colorado!

Roger that Brother! Mostly Jeeps up there camping although I did see a few Toyotas attempt it.. :prayer:

3239_75516708111_5583144_n.jpg

you sir, are my kind of 4x4 guy.

:cheers: Just sent your pic to my bud in the Taco, lol! He's got 33x12.5's and a 4" lift, I managed to pull this off on P235/70's with HD springs in the rear and ZJ coils in the front. :)

Did I have to work harder? Well, yeah... you saw the vid. Once I get the 4" Tomken Machine lift I'm planning on and just 31x10.5's I'll smoke him....

Edit: BTW... those lights i got from you will be going on a light bar up top. :)

nothing better than XJs in Colorado !

Attachments

• 543w.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 2524f.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 359
WHAT?
That's not a trail, this is a trail. :D

Thats a brand new KTM laying down there on the corner.

Attachments

• IronmanTrail.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 289
Sweet!, send me a bill :cheers:
We enjoyed the chit out of that :toothy8: :cheers:
Yep !!! well worth a ticket charge from us here in Arkansas :happy2:
That is some beautiful country my friend, and your jeep you built is perfect
I watched you build that cool mule and it's engine here :happy1:

Thank you for a cool ride 2 miles high :happy2:

nothing better than XJs in Colorado !

:cheers:

WHAT?
That's not a trail, this is a trail. :D

Thats a brand new KTM laying down there on the corner.

I got a trail vid coming up for ya TB!

Cool! What kind of diff and gearing do you have in there?

Dana 30 front, Dana 35 rear with a Detroit Truetrac and Yukon axles. Gearing is 3.55 but plan on 4.11's, Truetrac and Yukon's in the front too. Then 31 x10.5's and a 4" lift. :)

Nice Joe, where did you go?

Chinns lake trail up by St. Mary's Glacier.

Sweet!, send me a bill :cheers:
We enjoyed the chit out of that :toothy8: :cheers:
Yep !!! well worth a ticket charge from us here in Arkansas :happy2:
That is some beautiful country my friend, and your jeep you built is perfect
I watched you build that cool mule and it's engine here :happy1:

Thank you for a cool ride 2 miles high :happy2:

You are more than welcome Mike and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :cheers:

Here's one for Trail Beast. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEVYunuhSL8"]Independence Trail, CO 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

You have to stop. Really, stop.
Those pictures are awesome. Your XJ is sweet. But stop before I go out and buy a Cherokee......

Ahhhh, that's better.:D
We have a place around here that is about 28 miles long that goes to a town called Crown King where a lot of 4x4's go.
The whole trail is through the national forest and it's blast to ride.
They have a restaurant called The Mill that is an old mining building with the rock crushers and some other really old cool stuff, and they make a KILLER huge pastrami plate with onion garlic fries.
Another 25 miles or so down the other side and you come to Lake Pleasant.

Great video Joe....looks like fun. I can picture you spending some time @ the new forum Joey's talkin' about.......:cheers:

Ahhhh, that's better.:D
We have a place around here that is about 28 miles long that goes to a town called Crown King where a lot of 4x4's go.
The whole trail is through the national forest and it's blast to ride.
They have a restaurant called The Mill that is an old mining building with the rock crushers and some other really old cool stuff, and they make a KILLER huge pastrami plate with onion garlic fries.
Another 25 miles or so down the other side and you come to Lake Pleasant.

Only a true local knows about Crown King....what a jewel that place is 8-)

The regular road to get there is dirt and almost needs a 4x :)

Great video Joe....looks like fun. I can picture you spending some time @ the new forum Joey's talkin' about.......:cheers:

Only a true local knows about Crown King....what a jewel that place is 8-)

The regular road to get there is dirt and almost needs a 4x :)

I think my favorite is Prescott to Crown King because of all the forest.
My second is from the lake direction.
Love that ride.
I put the details together for a group ride from Lake Pleasant to Crown King for the night, and then Crown King to Prescott for the night at the Precott Pines B&B, then all the way back to the lake on Sunday with a stop for lunch and a break at Crown King.
Nobody ever signed up.
Oh well.:D

-
Back