Jingle F***ing Bells...

-
I seen you put big bolts axles and brakes on. Did you replace your backing plates. That could be causing that rub. You cannot use small bolt backing plates with big bolt brakes. The noise in the video sounds like flex plate bolts as stated. Does it do it in gear standing still?

I seen you put big bolts axles and brakes on. Did you replace your backing plates. That could be causing that rub. You cannot use small bolt backing plates with big bolt brakes. The noise in the video sounds like flex plate bolts as stated. Does it do it in gear standing still?

Yes I switched out the backing plates. I havent heard the noise while its standing still

Check the retaining pins that hold the lining. I recently ran into the pins being to long that came with the hardware kit. Chirped like a bird.

Found the jingle!!!

Now just have to figure out how to fully secure it on the case.

20200301_164838.jpg

Found the jingle!!!

Now just have to figure out how to fully secure it on the case.

View attachment 1715479872
Jeez.something right in your face,huh?
Quick and dirty? A few small tack welds. Right to the yoke. long drawn out and a royal pita? Remove driveshaft and pull yoke. Then slip off the ring, beat on retaining part a little to snug it to yoke and drive it back on.
i guess cleaning it and a bead of silicone between shield and yoke would hold it for a while.

Jeez.something right in your face,huh?
Quick and dirty? A few small tack welds. Right to the yoke. long drawn out and a royal pita? Remove driveshaft and pull yoke. Then slip off the ring, beat on retaining part a little to snug it to yoke and drive it back on.
i guess cleaning it and a bead of silicone between shield and yoke would hold it for a while.

Story of my life, something always broken right in front of my face haha. Tack welds?... I dont have a welder Haha. That does sound like the best idea though.

Could you take a piece of metal and wedge it between the ring and case in a few different places? J b weld the wedges to the inside of the ring so it is a tight fit

-
Back