Joe Sherman Racing

-

wazoo64

Reaction score
With all the bad press on Speed-O-Motive I going to pass on them and continue to look for a good builder out here. I spoke with Joe Sherman this morning and he seems to know his stuff although not a Mopar guy. Anyone have any feedback on his shop?

As mentioned on replies to your other threads, check out www.cedarstrandracingengines.com in Brea, he IS a Mopar guy. Check out the website and his engine design philosophy, then give him call and discuss your needs. The call is local and can't get any less expensive that that. Heck, where you're located you can even drop by his shop and take a look.

If you don't know Joe Sherman you must have been in a cave. He is not loyal to one brand , he is mostly none for is Chevy's be he can build horsepower with anything. Do some research I built a 405hp 370lbs-ft tq 306ci engine for 2500 dollars using his build ideas that is 1.3hp per cube I am in the process of building a high dollar 406ci mopar small block using some of his ideas and one of his cam choices that will make 600hp on pump gas without breaking a sweat but this is a 20,000 dollar engine. Most people will not be spending that amount of money but he can build power either way.

just my two cents

As mentioned on replies to your other threads, check out www.cedarstrandracingengines.com in Brea, he IS a Mopar guy. Check out the website and his engine design philosophy, then give him call and discuss your needs. The call is local and can't get any less expensive that that. Heck, where you're located you can even drop by his shop and take a look.

I spoke with them this morning and liked what I heard but big $$$$ to get going with them and a 5week wait. Thanks for the info.

If you don't know Joe Sherman you must have been in a cave. He is not loyal to one brand , he is mostly none for is Chevy's be he can build horsepower with anything. Do some research I built a 405hp 370lbs-ft tq 306ci engine for 2500 dollars using his build ideas that is 1.3hp per cube I am in the process of building a high dollar 406ci mopar small block using some of his ideas and one of his cam choices that will make 600hp on pump gas without breaking a sweat but this is a 20,000 dollar engine. Most people will not be spending that amount of money but he can build power either way.

just my two cents

I have been in a cave learning how to read and write so I can get a real job and buy toys for fun. I'm not interested in building cars.....just driving them is all I need. Again, I am looking for someone that has had work done by Joe and not someone that has copied his ideas. Enjoy your 20k engine.

I know because you have to be a dummy to work on cars right? Having a real job big $$$$$$$$$ should not be a problem for you right.

You ***

I know Joe and he is sharp. In fact my friends and I kept his kid, Steve, from getting his arse kicked at the street races near the Nabisco plant in Buena Park circa 1985. :-D

One guy that is in Huntington Beach and is very sharp is Yo at Contemporary Auto Machine 714-842-3144. Edinger and Gothard area by Golden West College. He used to do all my machine work in the 80's when I was racing all the time. Built a few engines for some friends in the past few years.

Another Is Brian Hafliger at Indio Motor Machine 760-342-2178. Has a hard running 360 Duster and has been building mopars with his father since he was in his early teens. He does all my work now and is local so it's nice to have a mopar guy that's convenient. If you live in LA and want a good guy that's reasonable on price but a bit of a drive, can't go wrong with Brian. A 360 he built for a friend ran 101-102 @ 3350# short shifting with 2.73 gears... and the car got 20mpg on the highway this past weekend going to Fling.

If you go to either, tell them Rob from Indio sent you, they'll probably punish you on price from the referral... :toothy10: Just Kidding.

I know because you have to be a dummy to work on cars right? Having a real job big $$$$$$$$$ should not be a problem for you right.

You ***

"Well guys I have been thinking about this for twenty years, now is the time. I was laid off from my nice 92,000 a year job so I am starting my own shop. I will be building mostly mopar pro-touring and drag stuff so anyone that is interested in getting some work done drop me a line . I can also get good deals on modern parts."

Ok ....Easy big fella. Just wanted to let you know I am not sleeping in the cave here. Since you are in the business now and looking for work how about helping me out instead of ripping on my ignorance. By the way I like the Momo steering wheel. Got one myself.

-
Back