Joined the club(Layoff)

-

74 DART'

Reaction score
I got laidoff wednesday. Was working at a Ford dealership. Was in the Fleet Dept. and they told us on Tues that they were shutting the Dept. down. Had to have our stuff out on Wed. nice notice right? Looks like i have something lined up at a local Firestone store as lead tech, its a step down i but ;ooks like i will get a $2.00 hr raise.

Sorry to hear about the layoff...that can get the heart pumping when you get that type of news.
Congrats on the new position!Hope that works out well for you.Bob

Laid off also, but let me tell you about Firestone. Worked for them in the early 70's. They screwed with my money, other mech's money, and the customers so much- I changed careers. Now construction being down is bankrupting me.
Goodyear the same, and I was a Chevy line/brake and front end mech.

Sorry about the layoff, congrats on the new job. Remember that the name of a company doesn't make it good or bad, it's the people that make it or break it, Good luck. Kev

I got laidoff wednesday. Was working at a Ford dealership. Was in the Fleet Dept. and they told us on Tues that they were shutting the Dept. down. Had to have our stuff out on Wed. nice notice right? Looks like i have something lined up at a local Firestone store as lead tech, its a step down i but ;ooks like i will get a $2.00 hr raise.

Sad to hear man, if the guys at Ford don't know about your chances at the Firestone place don't tell otherwise they might try to stiff you on severance pay.

Terry

This Will Be A Good Thing,
A Good Friend Of Mine Went From Working At The Local Tire Store To Eventually Owning A Full Service Shop.

Jeff

What i meant by step down was working weekends, i know we will be short-staffed at times, the flat-rate scale is diff, ex. Ford pays 2.0hrs for brake job F-Stone pays 0.8hrs things like that. Ill make up the diff. in volume so it will be ok. Ford has great factory training, stuff like that. Right now its about getting some money with the holidays coming up, need some cash for the Dart, wife/family needs new vehicle, need stuff for the house, kids always need clothes, dogs nees bones etc............ Thanks for all the positive responses!!!

Welcome to the club, I hope things improve for you soon.
Between tearing a rotator cuff, and the shape of the construction industry right now, I've worked about 10 weeks sice July 28th of last year.
Any wonder none of my projests are progressing?
I sure hope things improve soon.
Best of luck to everyone.
Alan627B

-
Back