Jon with a first round win at Vegas today.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

IMG_2317.png

It is 3:30 and still waiting for Round Two and
probable will be a few hours yet! Supposed to
run another round after that and lighting is not very
good here.
I was sick as a dog this morning and had the worse
light I could remember in competition. My friend Darcy missed
his Dial and the race was still there for me to but I flat missed
the finish as well = Gave it back a Hundred (I had a 2 Hun window
to get through that should have bee just enough even with the speed difference).
Somedays, when the competition rolls by you 25 MPH - when you are
barely going a hundred.
Dave had a real good opportunity to beat Jon, he talked to me before the
pass and felt that the weather station predicted nine fastet than the day
before (It was 2 to 3 faster actually) and when you are the slower car and
can not run the dial = You are a Dead Skunk in the middle the road.
But there is good news as well, in May I am having Surgery on my one eye
that still works and the Doctor is confident that it will make a huge difference
in my vision. I am hoping that will extend my racing career a while. The Doctors are going to watch me race at Vegas Nationals as they can not understand how I even find the bathroom by myself!

Last edited:
It is 3:30 and still waiting for Round Two and
probable will be a few hours yet! Supposed to
run another round after that and lighting is not very
good here.

Throwing that third round of pro mod and pro stock makeup rounds didn’t help you guys.

Well they call it for today!
Next round stock will be a bit
after 8:00.

Jon will face our good friend Mike Cotton
this round who is a great racer!
The good news is he will be chasing
by a couple tenths which is how we like it.

First round many guys missed their dial ins.
The weather station indicated 7 to 9 quicker
but I feel it was only 3 or 4 at the most. Altitude
was a thousand feet lower and barometer was 3 tenths
better but it did not pan out as many predicted. Fortunately
our game is to dial soft and work the last 100 feet hard!

This is what I touched on the other day. One round and sit around and wait all day to see if you are going to race again. Then on Sunday they will beat you like a rented mule if they have to. No thanks.

Good Luck !! as a racer for over 35 years I have many times considered purchasing a weather station / E.T. predictor . I watch several of my competitors using them and they always seem to be off by a few on their dials missing the dial by a few tenths . Could be in their programming , calculations or input.

Good Luck !! as a racer for over 35 years I have many times considered purchasing a weather station / E.T. predictor . I watch several of my competitors using them and they always seem to be off by a few on their dials missing the dial by a few tenths . Could be in their programming , calculations or input.
I've thought about getting one as well. I have a friend that races in a different class than I do, and he uses a weather station/ET predictor every round he runs. Last season I was heading into the semis and I was stumped as what to dial as I could feel the air changing. So my friend says let's see what the machine says, he ran the numbers and have me a dial in. I went with it and broke out by a ton! If I had gone with my gut feeling I still would have broke out but by a whole lot less! Not doing that again!

Bummer. Bad weekend of racing sure beats sitting at home.

View attachment 1716232809
I’ve struggled when being the chase car and dialed that close to someone…my peripheral catches their car leaving right around when my third bulb light is coming on and I light up that other bottom bulb. Not sure if stock does pro tree or not…never done it, but would probably have similar results.

Stock is ran on a full tree , the Super Classes are on a pro tree .. I love the pro tree ! , its pretty much all I do anymore

Happens to the best of um. At least John's racin!

-
Back