Jump Box

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Another thread reminded me that I'd like to get one of these. My wife and I are heading to Chicago (by car) for Christmas, and the forecast is for coldddd! It would be a good thing to have in the trunk.
What's a good one for personal use? What numbers, ratings, etc. should I look for?

I got a Topvision G26 2200amp from walmart on line. I really like it, and bought a second one for my other car.
Thanks Charrlie, your other post is what reminded me.
Have you used it much? Is amperage the number I'm looking for? I see some for $150-$200. I don't want to buy junk, but I don't need something a shop would have.

What are you driving?

A diesel would take more to crank then a gas engine

And I'm guessing a high compression engine would take more then a lower one

Thanks Charrlie, your other post is what reminded me.
Have you used it much? Is amperage the number I'm looking for? I see some for $150-$200. I don't want to buy junk, but I don't need something a shop would have.
I have a 2011 Ford fusion, 4 cyl. It sets for quite awhile, at times, so the battery goes dead from the electronics. I got it for that. I did try it on several v-8's, plus my slant six racecar with about 10-1 CR. worked fine, and so far it holds it's charge for a long time in the trunk. That's why I got the second one. I paid around $60-$70 if I remember correctly.
PS: If you use it, you can recharge it from the cigar lighter, as you are driving.
PPS: The first one I bought came with a plugin (110v) charger. The second one didn't. You need a USB type plug in charger for house charging.

What are you driving?

A diesel would take more to crank then a gas engine

And I'm guessing a high compression engine would take more then a lower one
Accord. But if amps are the key, I'd get one with higher amps to cover a few bases. No diesel for me. Thanks

I have a 2011 Ford fusion, 4 cyl. It sets for quite awhile, at times, so the battery goes dead from the electronics. I got it for that. I did try it on several v-8's, plus my slant six racecar with about 10-1 CR. worked fine, and so far it holds it's charge for a long time in the trunk. That's why I got the second one. I paid around $60-$70 if I remember correctly.
PS: If you use it, you can recharge it from the cigar lighter, as you are driving.
Thanks. Good points about the chargers.

Accord. But if amps are the key, I'd get one with higher amps to cover a few bases. No diesel for me. Thanks
If you look at the one @jaws linked, youll notice the difference in rating for diesel vs. gas engines

I cant imagine it would take a lot to spin that accord engine but at the same time, you want to cover your bases

You're on fabo, so chances are you got something with a V8 that may not get driven very often and as a result may suffer from dead batteries as well

So if I were investing in something like this, I would take all that into account

If you look at the one @jaws linked, youll notice the difference in rating for diesel vs. gas engines

I cant imagine it would take a lot to spin that accord engine but at the same time, you want to cover your bases

You're on fabo, so chances are you got something with a V8 that may not get driven very often and as a result may suffer from dead batteries as well

So if I were investing in something like this, I would take all that into account
Yes, my Duster is 11.25:1. It's always on a Battery Tender, but it would be good to have at the track.

Yes, my Duster is 11.25:1. It's always on a Battery Tender, but it would be good to have at the track.
thats another good point, how is the duster getting to the track?

if its not going on its own power, i would make sure the jumper will handle the tow vehicle aswell

thats another good point, how is the duster getting to the track?

if its not going on its own power, i would make sure the jumper will handle the tow vehicle aswell
On a trailer, behind my F150.

I just ordered this:
Amazon product ASIN B08T5V2BGDMaybe I'll kill a battery, and see how it works, before the "Big Go West".

-
Back