jumper tube ???

-

thesnafu72

Reaction score
i am putting together my front brakes and am trying to connect the brake hoses. i have new brake lines, new hoses, but i guess i am missing a couple things...

a) brake hose lock (4)
b) jumper tube (2)

i am using my 1972 manual and that is what they call them. i would ideally like to purchase these parts locally (autozone, pep boys, o'reilly/kragen, etc) but can't seem to figure out what/where they are. on yearone.com they have the brake hose locks, and call them brake hose retainer clips. but what about the jumper tubes ???

i just called a parts store out in monrovia, and they said i will probably have to go to a junkyard.. what do you guys think ?

jumper tubes???
4 piston kelsey hayes breaks??
there called cross over tubes call rightstuff or go online
and look the up there like 25$ for all for peaces thats all they do is breaks they will have it all

Interesting jumper tube? I had a 69 Dart once that had a flex hose that went to a very small steel line that went to the wheel cyl is that the tube your talking about.Mine was bent like an s shape.

Interesting jumper tube? I had a 69 Dart once that had a flex hose that went to a very small steel line that went to the wheel cyl is that the tube your talking about.Mine was bent like an s shape.
I beleive you hit the nail on the head here for him the u-clips are standardthe line you will have to make. You will have to find the bracket that the hose attaches to at the wheel , Now other then on here I wouldn't know where to look for the bracket, Although I might have a set on a 70 340 front clip out back all other drum brake set ups I threw out. I'll see if I can get a picture I have alot of pictures to take and some parts hunting for others after I do some bill paying today. Steve

I beleive you hit the nail on the head here for him the u-clips are standardthe line you will have to make. You will have to find the bracket that the hose attaches to at the wheel , Now other then on here I wouldn't know where to look for the bracket, Although I might have a set on a 70 340 front clip out back all other drum brake set ups I threw out. I'll see if I can get a picture I have alot of pictures to take and some parts hunting for others after I do some bill paying today. Steve

And if it is that S shape line,what a ***** to bend.I went through like 7 tryes to get it right.An old timer was watching from across the street and came over and said,I had enough watching you put fine sand in that line and bend it.Well that old timer was right work perfect,I was like 17 when I did that .That line is like 2 inches long.

And if it is that S shape line,what a ***** to bend.I went through like 7 tryes to get it right.An old timer was watching from across the street and came over and said,I had enough watching you put fine sand in that line and bend it.Well that old timer was right work perfect,I was like 17 when I did that .That line is like 2 inches long.

How old was he. If he was old like dirt it cuda been me lol

well **** wtf am i supposed to do i hit up 3 junkyards today and all i found was a 73 duster missing the front brake assembly.

-
Back