Junk yard manifolds...?

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
Hey guys been awhile since I have posted, but anyways car is a 1974 Dart Swinger with a 360 power steering, power brakes, and auto transmission. I have Headman tight tube headers but they are so tight to the block on both sides it's impossible to get the collectors bolted up tight enough to hold, forever leaking.... Anyways I'm getting ready to pull the motor and trans to fix other problems, I'm to the point I just wana put manifolds back on, is there a combo from the junkyard that will work on my Dart? I know there has been posts about this before but I couldn't find what's I was looking for, any help would help guys.

You need original factory manifold for a Dart that flys over the power steering on the driver's side. Best of luck. Pass side is much easier, almost any small block manifold will work there.
I was lucky enough to find a driver's side manifold in a junkyard 35 years ago for a 340, to replace my 318 exh manifold. $20!
Someone had already removed it for me, and it was sitting inside the car!
Pass side I bought a new Chrysler part.

Check with member name Treblig, he has a pretty good selection of manifolds.

1st picture is what it would have come with from factory. Log style will work with power steering also, from an B/E body (2nd picture).
s-l225.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys been awhile since I have posted, but anyways car is a 1974 Dart Swinger with a 360 power steering, power brakes, and auto transmission. I have Headman tight tube headers but they are so tight to the block on both sides it's impossible to get the collectors bolted up tight enough to hold, forever leaking.... Anyways I'm getting ready to pull the motor and trans to fix other problems, I'm to the point I just wana put manifolds back on, is there a combo from the junkyard that will work on my Dart? I know there has been posts about this before but I couldn't find what's I was looking for, any help would help guys.
The BEST manifolds are the 68-70 340 ones. The 71's will work just fine with your PS and Auto.

Check with member name Treblig, he has a pretty good selection of manifolds.

Yeah, THIS ^^^^^

treblig is a stand up member that sells modified (opened up) manifolds really reasonably. He is a good dude and will fix you up. He knows which all ones will fit and work good.

-
Back