Junk yarding today (pics.)

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
010-1.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

man great finds like that in junkyards around here are only a childhood memory for me, you wont see nothing but stuff from the nineties some eighties maybe, everything has been crushed because junk metal was fetching a good price, damn shame.

I went to "the strip" this past week. Used to be tons of A bodies all over. But to my chagrin I only found a 66 Dart 4 door (with something else on it's roof) and a 74 C body.

was sad and depressing. Basically the Mall has been closed.

man great finds like that in junkyards around here are only a childhood memory for me, you wont see nothing but stuff from the nineties some eighties maybe, everything has been crushed because junk metal was fetching a good price, damn shame.

Same for around here. All gone. A scrap metal outfit came through about 10-15years ago & bought them all up...

Yeah.. Thats a nice yard.... Looks like all makes .... Is that a 55 Chevy in pic #1 ??????

10 years ago there were a bunch of Mopars in the junk yard. Today there are still a bunch--FWD JUNK

Thanks for the pics, reminds me of my storage yard before I cleaned it up. Still, that 1973 Satellite looks restorable, if not that 1972 dart swinger was a good racr car canidate.

all the junkyards around my place are full of pos imports and fords trucks vans and cracky passenger cars from the 80s. no Mopar yards in wv that ive found. im still lookin tho

Yeah.. Thats a nice yard.... Looks like all makes .... Is that a 55 Chevy in pic #1 ??????
Not a 55 Chev, but could be Buick.
The car on the right of the Plymouth looks like a 55 New Yorker. That could have had a Hemi in it originally.
The other side of it is a 65 Chevy Impala. Those were nice looking cars right there. Could be ordered with a 396, a 4 speed and a 12 bolt rear.
All that **** is LONG gone from CT and surrounding states.
At least you can get at the cars in that yard, and the gravel is a nice touch. Up here, you crawl through the mud and grease with the snakes to get to the cars that are stacked 3 high.
Junkyarding used to be fun up here, but all the U Pull It yards are gone, and the ones that are still open don't let you past the office. Nothing but modern stuff anyway.

Thanks for postin, brought back a lot of memories.

George

In the last photo, what kind of van is that behind the trunk lid? Is it what I think it is?

In the last photo, what kind of van is that behind the trunk lid? Is it what I think it is?

I was thinking the same thing too.

Looks like EvilScamp had a great day walking around history!

A 100

While those pictures may be sad in a way, they are good in a way too. All those old Mopars sitting there are "donors" for other Mopars. A part off one of those rusting Mopars might help keep another Mopar alive. :-D

AUGH!!!! I see stuff I need!!! The parking lights off the 56 Caddy(second post third pic), parts off the 64 Impala for a buddy (second post second pic), and parts off the 48ish chevy(last pic). Why did Vintage Auto Parts have to pack up and move away from me damn it!!!

I love pics like this but at the same time I hate them!

Cool pics. There are still some yards in the area (250 mile radius) that have some old cars, but they are few and far between. They don't usually let anyone in due to theft and most of what's left is rusted anyway.

There isn't any good Junk yards In BC's Lower Mainland. I have heard that there is a good one in oliver, and I have been to one in Salmo that was good to. But the prices were not. Everything around vancouver here is gone. Nothing but 90's+++ It sucks

Actually it's not a van it's an A-100 pickup,somebody beat me to the seats in it and the van in the other pic.
I have lots of other pics of this yard and a yard that is now cleaned out of all the old cars if anyone wants me to post them.

Actually it's not a van it's an A-100 pickup,somebody beat me to the seats in it and the van in the other pic.
I have lots of other pics of this yard and a yard that is now cleaned out of all the old cars if anyone wants me to post them.

That's what I thought it was (A-100), but I have never quite decided whether it was a modified pick-up or a modified van. I believe it would be a great project with V8 power.

Ol' eagle eye MeMike also picked up on the picture.

I wish I had more time...and money!

-
Back