junkyard score for this morning

-

dgswinger

Reaction score
not the best deal out there but i was walking past the scales at the local yard and this B-body 8 3/4 was laying there complete with d-shaft still bolted to it lol! has eveything to it and a Surgrip Center section only 2.94 gears but hey for a complete suregrip rear i had to buy it for $200. and all i had to do was load it in the truck it was already pulled!! the yard guy said it was in a 67 wagon and before they crushed it he noticed the round suregrip tag so the guy said keep that. the guy that runs the yard is a chevy guy but he does know what the other good parts are thankfully lol! he doesnt usually crush the old stuff unless its really trashed.

Attachments

• Photo1802.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 266
i think that was a good deal. i would jump on a complete rear with sure grip for 2 bills anytime.

you guys are right i know this was a good deal thats why i couldnt just let it lay there!! i did pass on my good fortune to a friend this evening who was looking for a reasonable price suregrip with 3.23's for his 66 valiant. but he said ahhh the 2.94's would be good enough to run with his /6 so i told him give me what i paid for it and it yours... so he did... it was a good day i scored some good old mopar parts and passed on my good fortune to another mopar friend besides isnt that what our hobby/addiction is all about helping each other out, saving and resurecting this old iron!

-
Back