Junkyard today

-

Barracuda64

Reaction score
I finally scored a good headlight bezel for my 64 in the junkyard today. :blob:

I forgot all about this place and haven't been there in over 17 years. The whole back end of the junkyard was still full of Mopars! They hadn't crushed any of them over the years. It looked like I had died and went to Mopar heaven. I saw A-bodies , B-body's. Barracudas,Cuda's, Valiant, SuperBees,Demons,Dusters,Challengers,Darts,Coronets,Chargers, Aspens,Convertibles, etc.... You name it was there. I was like a kid in a candy store. Old Ford's and Chevy's too. Mostly 60's through 70's in the back Some 50's, probably 80's scattered throughout the yard

I will be going back very soon and trying to take some pictures. The car i got mine off wasn't even molested yet, except the motor was the only thing gone. I couldn't believe all the parts and got to thinking about everyone at FABO while I was there.

I didn't have time to take any pictures today, I was rushed for time. Plus the weeds where over 6' ft tall in some places. It was rough getting through and trying to find anything, plus the hike all the way to the back. But I talked to him about all the Mopars and he told another guy was coming about every two weeks getting parts also and gave me his business card. Plus the owner still likes to restore old Mopars too. So I am just taking a guess here, that some parts might be expensive, just have to see. Cost me a talked down on the price... $15 for the headlight ring and I had to straighten it out some lol.

So give me some time to get some photos. I was looking at the wanted parts here and it is overwhelming. It would take a lifetime if not longer to fullfill all those want parts. So I got to figure out where to start helping out on those rare hard to find parts. I just don't want to get over my head in pulling parts for everyone, but I will help all i can. Plus there times I have to work for long periods of time. I just came off of 21 days straight work.

Please don't over fill my PM's until i get a chance to photo inventory most of the cars. I will try to post at the wanted parts when I find something needed. Lot of rare parts. Yes even car antenna's and radio's in a lot of them. Just have to see what kind of price range we are looking at. Plus I need to get my parts first for my 64. They said there was some more big back glass Barracuda back there, but didnt have the time today to just walk look and photo. I saw one 66 that looked unmolested, didnt get a closer look at it, but the whole interior/exterior was still on it when i walked by.

So give me sometime to get it going and lets hope we can find those rare parts we need.

post the pics of the yard here please,,love junk yard ****
You're not going to believe this Fstfish. My 64 is still sporting the letter "H" I got from you lol.

MMMM Yummy Junkyard **** lol.

I looked up, way up on that hill and the first thing that caught my eye, sitting on top of it was a faded yellow 66 Coronet and all I could say to myself was.... I can't believe all those Mopars are still here after 17 years lol. He told me take a left and keep walking till I see a cedar tree then turn and I should start slowly seeing all the old Mopars. I was grinning from ear to ear lol. I almost thought I was going to pass out when I saw that Superbee, not one but three. Most are flat on the ground. Looks like a forgotten past.

I swear I could almost hear all those old Mopars begging me to please take them home or maybe it was just the long walk up and down the hills and out of breath for this 51 year old lol. If only they could talk huh?

I am hoping to get up early and maybe get to take some photos tomorrow, while looking for those barracuda's. And to think this place is just a short drive from my house. Might even get me a better antenna while I am at it. So many to chose from lol

Yes......... please post your junkyard pic's when you have time, like the other guy's said........ we love junkyard ****!!!!:D

hm...I'm two hours from Bowdon, maybe I'll go out there tomorrow also!!!!!!
You need to come. I am going tomorrow, its planned out now. Taking my two young boys and going to really teach them about MOPARS. I just cleared my card on my phone for some pics.

PM me and I will give my cell, if you want to make the trip.

Can't wait to see the 66 fish photos - still need some odds and ends for my two plus an antenna, armrest and dome light for the wifes 66 Signet!!!!

With Loris new job, I should fly down for the weekend!! LOL. May I be 1st to put up my wish list??? Not much just 2 69 barracuda tail lights, and front grilles! LOL. Please post pics asap, hope the weather is good for ya. Yer boys will have a blast!!

Thanks
4spdragtop

:worthles: worthless I tell you worthless!aauugghh!! gonna go stick my head in a microwave :violent2:

I SCORED!!!! A 273 Air Cleaner and paintable gas cap for my Barracuda. Here is a photo to get us started. I bought anew camera and took 201 photos of the resting MOPARS. So give me some time to get them uploaded, but here is one of the photos and my boys resting to just to get us started..... Should I post all 200 more?????

DSCF0200.jpg
[/IMG]

Wish me luck here comes the first twenty.......

DSCF0002.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF0004.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF0010.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

Oh I am not done yet........ And you thought I was joking about all the MOPARS lol.

White GA? Nope. I have heard of MOPAR's in White GA. You got any pics of that yard?

Bitter sweet... Lots of coolness in those weeds. '69 Super Bee caught my eye...

Thanks for sharing. Keep them pics a comin'.

-
Back