Eddy Manifold Performance
Eddy 600 cfm
Eddy chain
Hedman heders
MP cam 268-272
Eddy Springs.
8.25 rear end 3.55 posi
904 torquerflite

I dont know why my car make all shifts at 4100 rpm?

i check the throttle cable and change my ignition box, and anything changes, One friend said that my cam is in a wrong position, could it be a posibility of my problem (i think someone put my cam point with point)

That tells it when to shift. Change the govener to shift where you want it to. Someone here can tell you where to get a new govener. I think A&A Transmission sells them.

I think my eyes are lying to me and I'm not reading things right, maybe I'm having a stroke, yea that's it.

Terry

Like has been said it's basically "programmed" (hydraulically) into the transmission. Either change out the governor to a higher-shift piece, or shift manually with the shift lever.

Don't you adjust the carb kick down lever so that at WOT the lever is pushed all the way back on the trans (not jammed) and when it's at idle it is all the way forward against the carb linkage? You have have a spring on it to hold it there.

Don't you adjust the carb kick down lever so that at WOT the lever is pushed all the way back on the trans (not jammed) and when it's at idle it is all the way forward against the carb linkage? You have have a spring on it to hole it there.

Yes but even if you do that some shift at very low rpm's because of the governor programming.

To the original poster. You can manually (use your hand) pull the shifter down into low gear and then shift it through the gears at whatever rpm you want. You don't have to leave the shifter in drive. WOW!!

I think is not a transmission problem, could be a wrong position of my camshaft...because when i put on P and accelerate the engine sounds that4100 is the limit RPM. (8.25 rear end 3.55) Other thing is that my top speed on a highway is so poor.... :(

if you cant make it turn more than 4100rpms shifting it manualy there is two things that gets on my mind
are you into valvefloat?
do you realy get full throtle at the carb?

With the engine off, push the throttle pedal to the floor and have a helper try open the throttle farther. Throttle cable or kickdown linkage goofed can limit the carb throttle travel.

Another thing is do you have a MSD or Mallory box that has a rev limiter that may be set too low?

The cam would have to be way off to only allow it to spin to 4100 rpm. I don't think it'd run right any time if the cam is that far off.

BTW: Sorry if I sounded condescending in my last post. I didn't realize until now that your across the waters. I mis-understood your first post and took it that you just didn't know how to shift. My bad.

Dont worry, sorry for my english...jejejeje
Nowi am going to start checking all my car, Gas line, transmission, i have the stock distrib with silver MP ignition box... There is one thing ... before i change my springs for a new eddy perfor springs ...it just get until 3500 rpm..

Check that you've got good fuel flow to the carb and that your fuel filters are not plugged off. Also your timing chain could have jumped 2 or 3 teeth but usually when this happens the engine is very hard to start. A quick check of this is remove your fuel pump from the chain case and reach in the hole with your index finger. You'll feel the chain just around the corner about an inch inside and the chain should not have anymore that 3/8" movement back and forth.

Terry

-
Back