Just a ball park idea will do.

-

Brennan

Reaction score
Just a ball park idea is fine
It's been awhile since I've checked in and I hope all is well with everyone. I've had quite the chain of events develop in my life which has me considering selling my Barracuda. My girlfriend Sandie was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. I've been by her side instead of working the hours that I usually work. This is why I'm considering selling.

The car went into the shop in the spring to have some motor work done and I've just got it back and thought it might be best to sell it if I could get a dollar amount that wouldn't make me cry to bad. With the economy the way it is I'm wondering what I might be able to sell it for. I have it insured with an agreed value of $25K, but I not sure really what the value is or what I could sell it for. I'm hoping you guys have your finger on the pulse of the classic car market and could give me a ballpark idea. I'll list some specs below to give you guys an idea of what I've got. If you could guesstimate a dollar amount for a 1-2 month sale and a 6-9 month that would be great.

67 Barracuda Nochback that HAD a slant 6.
K-member is a'74 spool type
Rear end is an 8-1/4 with 3.55 gear.
Disc brakes in front and drum in back.
904 trans with low gear set, extra clutches and steels ect.
Higher stall street steel billet torque converter. (2500-3000 rpm)
Gear Venders Over-Drive unit
Classic Auto In-Dash AC (not under)
FAST EZ-EFI self-learning. A child could drive this car if they could handle the HP, manual steering and manual brakes.
Early '72-340 block with factory forged crank. Custom 50 over forged pistons. 9.5:1 CR. Edelbrock RPM heads (#60779), Comp hydro roller cam (XR268HR), roller rockers (1622-16), Edelbrock air gap intake (#7576), Msd Dist (# 8534), MSD 6AL, MSD Timing computer (8981)
TTI Step tube coated and polished headers (TTI340A-C5) with 2.5" H-pipe dual exhaust. (A25HWM6769-CUE)
New fuel tank.
BeCool cross flow AL radiator with twin Spal puller electric fans and Spal modulated fan controller.
100 amp internally regulated alternator with wiring upgrade.
Torque Thrust II wheels (15") with BFG RWL tires
Body paint is in very good shape. Very minor bubbling on frontend passenger side next to the "P and L" in Plymouth.
No rust at all topside or bottomside
20% charcoal Lumar tint sides and back.
Viper 350 alarm with POWER LOCKS.
Front 1-1/8 sway bar in the trunk still in the box.
Interior is in pretty darn good shape. (Black). Carpet is ok but doesn't live up to the standard of the rest of the car. Head liner is a little better than ok but could be better. Seats are perfect.
Dash pad has NOT a single crack.

Funny thing is now that I've taken the time to write out what I've got, I really really would hate to sell her LOL.

More Pics
http://tinyurl.com/4ytfuy7 Front view
http://tinyurl.com/4xlubun Side view
http://tinyurl.com/3cn8j Interior front
http://tinyurl.com/3kb7re5 Dyno (slant6)
http://tinyurl.com/6zj5njt EZ-EFI (installing)
http://tinyurl.com/3cslpbj Decal "EFI Cuda'"
http://tinyurl.com/3ko4lfx Rear interior

If your the praying type we could use them.
http://tinyurl.com/3cub5ag Sandie

Not sure what the fish is worth but prayers sent for Sandie, she looks like a wonderful lady, I wish you the best for you too.

well its a slant car, but since it's nice and has a 340....id say 'and i really like this body style'...$6500-$8500....the economy is ehhh....

I have a similar car only it's a 68 Dart. Original /6 blah, blah, blah. that's what caught my interest. The idea that what you have is only worth 6500-8500 isn't too real. Recently a BB Barracuda originally a 318 car, of the 67-69 range sold for $5800 at our local show & swap. It was still needing paint and interior, but the motor was fresh. I was pounding on my friend , who was looking for a car to get this one as it was a killer deal. Unfortunately he missed it buy about 5 minutes. Yeah, it was a clone. But it was all there.
Yours is intact, clean, pretty and not needing anything other than a warm place to sleep at night. IMO it would be worth the 8500 IF it still had the /6 in it and it was in the condition shown. And that might be a low ball price there too. But with the EFI, a minimum $2K addition not to mention the time involved installing it (done it!), modifying for it, and all the other incidentals, I'd say closer to double that number.
A recent 71 Demon listed here for $7500 wasn't as shiny, but was all OE except the owner had dolled it up to look like a 340 car as it was really a /6 car. It too was so complete. It was well worth the money for it too. Look at the for sale section and get an idea. 6500-8500 is way too cheap unless the guys have shown up to break your legs and you need the money ASAP. In that case, I get it.

It's easy to sit here and armchair it. What's tough is actually finding somebody to buy it at all given the economy. Looks like you're a lucky guy. Prayin for yall here.

Pic 1 - This car sold for 12K 70 Challenger R/T original 383 A/T, now 440
Pic 2 - A "spare no expense" set up for the guys wife. All that remained was interior and body work. MSD dist, MSD alt, Wilwood brakes F&R, etc.

Economy or not, some things are either too cool, or too clean, to go for cheap.

Attachments

• 383_0423SM.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 258
  • 383_0424SM.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 251
I can't guess the 'Cuda's value, but prayers sent for Sandie's recovery. She's fortunate to have you helping her through a scary time.

Really need more details and pictures.

To me it looks like a $12K - $14K car if you are willing to hold out...

$8K-$10K seems like it would sell in a reasonable amount of time.

You might have to take less...if you really want to move it...right now it seems like only low ballers and car flippers are buying right now.

But that said...you only need one buyer, so you never know!

Personally, if you have storage away from the elements...I would hang on to it...you might regret it later on.

Prayers for Sandie, she has a real nice smile, and you are a good man for sticking with her.

My 2 cents,
Paul

This may sound harsh, but you really won't know what the market will bear until you put it on the market. Start at the top end and work down to your lowest acceptable price.

Best wishes for Sandie and God bless you for standing by her side.

keep your head up my wife had colon cancer 8yrs.ago they op.and took it all along with chemo and has had a clean bill of health since.my prayers are with you...........Artie

My prayers are sent for Sandie and yourself.
I am not going to give a price estimate but I will offer the folling input. I think location has a lot to what a car will sell for these days. Being in Florida I think it would bring more than a lot of places. As far as a price I would look at what is on the market, how they are priced and what they are truely selling for. Figure out what your bottom dollar is, figure out what things are selling for and price your car above what things are selling for so you have some wiggle room. Pictures are your best asset when selling anything so take lots of them and upload them to a website that you can give people a link to view. Craigs list only allows 4 pictures so use the best shots on your ads and post the link to your other pictures. Pictures will get a serious buyer more interested. Be prepared for the low ballers to hit when you first list it but just take them with a grain of salt. If it comes down to it and your can't get your bottom dollar then you should store it if possible. Around here March thru August tends to be the high market for classic cars but you have better winter weather so seasons may not affect you.

it is tough to say with out pics, from the description and list of parts
$10,000 + at a MINIMUM, your car has some really nice selling points,
340 with EFI, gear venders, classic AC, disk brakes, are all going to increase the value tremendously, I would start asking much higher so you have some room to negotiate, depending on how it looks $15K-$16K yes the classic car market has dropped so it is hard to sell anything, not imposable, you need to ADVERTISE everywhere lots of pic's and be patient fewer buyers with money mean more effort on your part to find the right one,

Prayers sent for you and Sandie. I think If you must sell your Cuda you should put it up for sale you might surprise yourself their is still people out their with $$$ to spend and you might have exactly what they are looking for. Your car is real nice. I won't give an estimate, put what you feel it's worth you can always go down, but it's a little hard to go up!

I can't offer any advice on selling your car. But Prayers are sent to Sandie and you along with all your families.

Is that directed to me?

Sure why not? if you car is a 340 car, dressed to the "9s" and done right.

There are people asking more than that for Dusters....not that they are getting it.

Sorry that you don't believe in these cars.

Again just my opinion.

Paul

Paul I believe in them..lol...i just dont spend as much as u do.

V8 makes a diff too

Prayers sent for you and your lady- best wishes for a full & speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.Good Luck!

-
Back