Just a Couple of Questions For the Early A Crowd

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Working on this 66 Valient I bought several weeks ago. Apparently someone recently replaced the upper and lower bushings. I’m guessing they didn’t apply grease so the front suspension squeaks. Is there a product available where I can get some lubricant down into the rubber. I’ve tried WD40 and that seems to help.

Another question I have is regarding the torsion bars. The car is a Valient Signant with a 273/904 with AC. Originally a 2 barrel car but has been updated with a Edelbrock intake and carb. My question is what size are the stock torsion bars. The build sheet codes show 88 and 89.

Id like to add some suspension to the car but I’d like to start with a baseline before purchasing parts.

Thanks

Your driving my purchase price up!!!
Can you mark the adjustment cam bolts, remove them and add lube that way?

Before you disassemble anything, try jacking it up; loosen up the nuts on the upper control arms and lower control arm pins; set it back down and bounce it a couple of times and retighten everything with the weight on the suspension.
If it was assembled and tightened with the front up in the air and no weight on the suspension, they will bind and squeak. Worth a try.

Before you disassemble anything, try jacking it up; loosen up the nuts on the upper control arms and lower control arm pins; set it back down and bounce it a couple of times and retighten everything with the weight on the suspension.
If it was assembled and tightened with the front up in the air and no weight on the suspension, they will bind and squeak. Worth a try.

Might give that a try however its squeaking on the driver side

Working on this 66 Valient I bought several weeks ago. Apparently someone recently replaced the upper and lower bushings. I’m guessing they didn’t apply grease so the front suspension squeaks. Is there a product available where I can get some lubricant down into the rubber. I’ve tried WD40 and that seems to help.

Another question I have is regarding the torsion bars. The car is a Valient Signant with a 273/904 with AC. Originally a 2 barrel car but has been updated with a Edelbrock intake and carb. My question is what size are the stock torsion bars. The build sheet codes show 88 and 89.

Id like to add some suspension to the car but I’d like to start with a baseline before purchasing parts.

Thanks
Quick fix. Get a windex bottle put diesel fuel in it . Spray all bushings and move them if possible and do again.and again and again.

Diesel Penetrates much quicker than anything.

Ask me how I know....
Dave

Last edited:
Quick fix. Get a windex bottle put diesel fuel in it . Spray all bushings and move them if possible and do again.and again and again.

Diesel Penetrates much quicker than anything.

Ask me how I know....
Dave

interesting

-
Back