Just a Guy from NE Who Grew Up Mopar

-

CMS

Reaction score
Hello all!
Thought it was time I introduce myself here.

I'm currently USAF active duty in Virginia and have been working on my old Valiant for the better part of 10 years now. Here is a link to my flikr page with photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44166341@N06/?saved=1

The Valiant belonged to my wife's grandmother for many years. She upgraded/bought a new car and I've kept the old Valiant in the family ever since.

I grew up in central NE with a grandfather who owned a Chry Ply Dodge dealership in a not so far away small town for over 45 years. My father worked there until he left for college and then eventually passed the Mopar gene down to me when I was old enough to tear things apart at age 14.

My first car was a red 1966 Barracuda with a 318 and a Formula S 4 barrel that I "happened" to install with out dad's consent. He was only mad for about five minutes!:burnout:

Anyway, glad to be here and am enjoying the education that the Valiant gives me, even if it isn't right at that moment something breaks!

Chris

Welcome to FABO; cool Valiant.
My younger brother lives in Chesapeake and runs a pool repair business if you're in need.
He's retired Navy and actually served for awhile on the USS Yorktown.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Plans for the Valiant are to get the interior back to living conditions quality and to get some SBP 15x7 steelies in the rear. Then, when I get time and money it will be the big body work conundrum! The slant six stays until I retire from the military. Then, maybe a big block? Or, perhaps a healthy small block? I dunno, too far away from retirement yet.

-
Back