Just a quick non-A body question

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
What was the difference between the 61 Fury, Belvedere, and Savoy? Was it just trim, or was there more to it? I've seen some cars with just the bullet taillights at the corners, and others with what look like reverse lights on either side of the license plate. Thanks in advance.

Savoy cheapest price model
Belvedere medium price model
Fury High price model

I believe all the Fury's had the sport roof only.The Savoy was a sedan only.And the Belvedere you could get either roof.

Okay, we'll eliminate the Fury then. On a sedan model, is there any way to tell, just by looking at the car, whether it's a Belvedere or a Savoy? The only badging on the outside of the particular car I am talking about says "Plymouth". Thanks again in advance.

EDIT: Why don't I post a few pics so you aren't in the dark here. And from what you said about the Savoy being the least-optioned of the three, I'm starting to lean toward that direction for this car. I looked closer at my pics, and it appears this car is a radio-delete option. That would point me toward it being a Savoy. Does that sound reasonable?

Attachments

• 2012-03-31_11-31-16_644.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 2012-03-31_11-31-28_41.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 2012-03-31_11-31-42_397.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 2012-03-31_11-32-14_996.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 2012-03-31_11-32-47_637.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 113
So does anybody agree with me that this is most likely a 61 Savoy, due to the radio delete and possibly the 3 speed on the column?

Buying it might be a bit of a problem. It is currently sitting in a salvage yard, and because of the hassle in Illinois with re-titling a salvage vehicle, the owner really doesn't want to sell it. If I had the money, I could probably go in and buy it piece by piece, but I don't. And I really wouldn't want to do that anyway. Hell, I don't even know if the car is still there. I took those pictures in April, I think, of LAST year. I would love to give that car a new home, because even though it's been sitting there for 10 years now, it barely has any rust on the outside. Once taken apart, though, that could be a different story.

-
Back