Just a touch of crazy?

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
After I finish the Bronco that I'm restoring for a friend (should be out of here next week, just have some assembly to finish up with the trim and interior), I'm going to be restarting my '74 Twister project.

She's a "Street" car, with a Blown R3 426 Stroker and an A833 18 Spline and a Spooled Dana 60.

Since the driver's side quarter was FUBAR'd in the 70's and than slapped with filler, I'm going to replace both quarters (considering fiberglass replacement quarters), swap to 70-72 style doors with fiberglass outer skins with '68 SuperStock style Seat Belt Window "cranks" (window regulator delete), fiberglass fenders, fiberglass hood, 67-69 Cuda Bumpers, fiberglass glovebox door, fiberglass center console top plates, fiberglass trunk lid (pin on, with hinge delete), 12 point rollcage.

Hopefully get the little monster down to 2800 pounds with my 112 pound butt planted in the seat, while still keeping my console and A/C. Top it off with some really wide meats in the back, should be plenty of room for that, considering I moved the rear frame rails inboard years ago but never tubbed it to match. Then get really wild with the paint.

For paint I was thinking of painting her Plum Crazy and Airbrushing "Twisted Hours" down the sides, or really let loose and paint her Black and Airbrush Iron Maiden's Fear of The Dark album art on the sides and call her Fear of The Dark, or If I'm going that far, I could go one step further and do the Number of The Beast album art and call it The Number of the Beast.

They'd all fit, it's an A51 Code Twister, it's sinister and it was #666 in 1974 (explains a lot about this car...)

image_zpslua3tzef.jpe

image_zpsea1ud4nc.jpe

Sorry Power Steering, I need the room for 2" Primary/3.5" Collector Headers...

image_zpsukws3joc.jpe

In goes a junk Magnum that flattened most of the lobes on the cam and roller lifters too, to use a mockup platform.

image_zpsx42gzwba.jpe

Definitely need to go with a Mini Starter on this one.

image_zpsjwosc0jd.jpe

image_zpsdwfcfbly.jpe

image_zpslz7mfcxf.jpe

This is definitely a "10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound hat" scenario... Even with the manual steering conversion, there's no room thanks to the 4-speed taking up almost every inch of valuable pipe routing space for her Z Bar and Linkage. It wasn't hard making the headers for my '73 (also 2"/3.5") and it even had power steering, but it was also a floor shift automatic and that freed up a good bit of space.

No matter how I look at it, I'm most likely going to have to modify the K to gain space for at least 1 pipe, route 1 through the fenderwell and clearance the frame rail a little to fit one between the rail and torsion bar

So many good concepts... Aces High, Wasted Years, hell even Paschendale! Just make sure the driver's name is Eddie ;)

seems to me the iron maiden artwork would require a switch over to demon sheet metal

There's premade headers out there with 2" Primaries and 3.5" Collectors that fit a 4-Speed A-Body with a stock style K?
Hmmm I see , you are wanting BIG tube and collectors. I couldn't find any that large , my bad carry on lol

seems to me the iron maiden artwork would require a switch over to demon sheet metal

Oh man, that would really look evil! I do have a 71 front clip and tail hanging in storage as spares for my '71 Demon...hmmm, that would be an abomination against humanity. Completely worthy of having Eddie on the doors. It's very tempting.

Hmmm I see , you are wanting BIG tube and collectors. I couldn't find any that large , my bad carry on lol

Yeah pretty big on the tubes, there's a dumptruck load of air/fuel being rammed into that R3 Stroker... Actually, the motor that's in my '73 is the one for the '74 Twister (with a few changes/upgrades)

10260026_10202886942587653_8742865980494025155_n_zps10655f79.jpg

-
Back