Just about to start my new swap

-
Do you have a shifter yet? I have a TR6060 from a '10 Challenger to put in my Barracuda. A Tremec rep told me it wouldn't fit because of the shifter location being so far back. Its obvious that the shifter from the challenger is back too far, but can get another shifter that would mount on the "rear" location.
I'm going through the same install right now. I'm looking at a Core shifter that mounts at the rear location and is even with the original four speed shifter. It's just a little to the right.
I've had to cut quite a bit of the floorboard and a little firewall out but it'll be worth it.

I'm going through the same install right now. I'm looking at a Core shifter that mounts at the rear location and is even with the original four speed shifter. It's just a little to the right.
I've had to cut quite a bit of the floorboard and a little firewall out but it'll be worth it.

Thanks!!

I had been searching on the Hurst page, but I didn't find where they were doing this. Looks like we can find what we will need!

The core shifter I am also going with as well,just haven't finalized transmission height yet. 4 days off after this night shift hopefully get to spend a couple days in the shop. Pics to follow.

I started fabing today but forgot to get pics of most of it. I'm trying to decide if I should go full solid mount or build in some cushion.
What are you guys thinking as far as your mounts go?
20160903_131317.jpg
20160903_123411.jpg

Cool! Whose car is that? Where did that Air Damn come from?? I missed something somewhere didn't I?

Cool! Whose car is that? Where did that Air Damn come from?? I missed something somewhere didn't I?

Urethane would be a good choice.
Sorry, I've been busy with plumbing and general remodeling in my house.
The air dam is homemade out of steel.
I thought about using urethane and I probably will, I was just curious what you guys thought. If I ever get the house done and it doesn't take every red cent, maybe I can get the mount finished and post some pics.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to hijack this thread. I just wanted to see what's going on with the other builds.

Copart bid was 2800,taxes fees,exchange!!, 2600 km round trip in for 4200$ 2012 12000 miles. Free tank of gas though

I've started looking into the coparts route as well. I'm curious, was $4200 what you paid Coparts? So $1400 in taxes and fees over the $2800 bid?
I just wan't to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I even think about placing a bid.

I can't wait to see more progress on your Dart. It's going to be awesome.
Jake

Hey Mike, any updates on this build? I’m wanting to do something very similar with my 72 Duster eventually except with a ‘15+ Challenger with a 392/6 speed.

-
Back