Hyper_pak

Old School Chrysler Fan
Reaction score
IMG_4671.JPG
IMG_4682.JPG
IMG_4700.JPG
IMG_4713.JPG
IMG_4770.JPG
I figured since it had been cancelled the last two years I needed to go just in case this might be it. Salt is in trouble, going away with a lot of different factors. But the event was a blast! Lots of Hemi's, old and new. I really enjoyed the streamliners, and the true hot rodders. Here are just a few photos from my trip.

It was on mine also! Check that one off the list. I went to help with the 66 Barracuda. 170 slant six Barracuda.

Yes, I saw that one too. That car is pictured on the event T shirt. It's hard to tell it is a Barracuda from the front, super long extended nose, but you can see from the rear. The little Nash had a Nascar Mopar engine.
IMG_4629.JPG
IMG_4663.JPG
IMG_4756.JPG
IMG_4795.JPG

How did they get that radial engine in that truck??? Is that a Plymouth truck??? So many questions!!!

Edit: It is a Plymouth truck and its build is online if you look up "radial engine Plymouth truck." Wow! That's what happens when someone says "What if we..."

IMG_4618.JPG
Yep, radial airplane engine! They had a cool tow motor also. They were doing a photo-shoot when I snapped my pictures. Lots and lots of Hemi's! The Chrysler Airflow had a supercharged straight 8.

I need to go back! I've been 4 or 5 times, but it's been at least 20 years. I used to follow the Avanti's record attempts.

Been on my list for a long time too. The radial engine Plymouth is in the current Hot Rod mag. I was at Woodward yesterday and saw the Hemi 66 Belvedere that is also in the same issue. It went 196 in the standing mile with a stock body.
The various radically streamlined Barracuda shard cool but I'm more inclined to like stock bodied cars more. Walter P was looking down at that Airflow saying "See I told you guys it would work."
How did the 170 Hyperpak do? I'm guessing 130.
Thanks for posting the pics.

The yellow barracuda had a custom intake with 2 holley 2 barrel carbs. Sorry to say it chucked a rod thru the block and ended the day :(
The Airflow with a straight 8 was a super cool ride. Not sure how fast he ran.
IMG_4711.JPG
IMG_4719.JPG

-
Back