Just began my project... a few Q's

-

H22A4

Does anyone read this?
Reaction score
It was time to get the body work done on the '75 Scamp which means I've spent the past weekend and nights stripping it down. It's due at the body shop on the 14th and based on my progress so far, it looks like it's going to be ready by then.

Stripping it down also means installing new weather stripping once it's been painted. Between Laysons and Jims Auto Parts, I've been able to find all the correct weather stripping kits except for one.

1) I haven't bought anything yet. Has anyone bought anything or have comments on Jims? I'll probably drive down to Laysons since it's only a 3 hour drive but will be ordering online for Jims (east coast).

2) The one kit I haven't found is the quarter window seal (fits in the chrome strip attached to the 1/4 window). Closest one I've found (not for my year) is: 66-67 B-BODY HARDTOP & CONV./67-69 BARRACUDA CONV./67-72 DART HARDTOP & CONV./69-70 B-BODY CONV.
Can someone confirm if the '67 to '72 seal is the same as the '73 to '76 seal? I can't imagine the '73 to '76 Darts having a different seal compared to the '67 to '72s but don't want to order the wrong kit.

3) Any tips on removing the emblems on the fenders and trunk lid? I can see how their attached (pins with what looks like cap on the back side). There's not a lot of room to play with but do the caps twist or pull off?

Cheers...

Oh, here are a few pics....
stripped front.jpg

rear shot no trim.jpg

rear passenger side well.jpg

You might want to give restoration specialties in PA. a try. Lots less $ than the other guys and they'll make a package deal for you if you buy everything you need from them. They are on line, and ask for Dave Jr if you call them. I think they actually supply alot of the mopar resto dealers...If I bought all the stuff I needed for my 66 from the resto houses I would have spent almost double.

The 1/4 window seals should be the same. I matched the ones off my girlfriends 72 scamp that we are doing a full resto on to the ones on my 73 scamp and they look to be the same (darts should be the same as well). We ordered them thru year one.
The emblems should be screwed on with a 3/8 or a 7/16 tin nutt. Be very careful when taking them off, the mounting studs on the emblems just love to twist off right when you think that you got it.

GT Restorations also has a full line of weatherstripping. Good luck on your project! toolmanmike

-
Back