Just bought a 79 Vette for very little

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
I'd post the CL ad but the guy already deleted it.. we're paying $2,800 for it ($200 down today rest due this weekend)- runs and drives, rebuilt 350 rebuilt TH350 auto, nice body/ black paint, Tan interior, new front shocks, decent tires,

known faults- vacuum operated headlights don't work (head lights them selves just stopped working today)- plan on redoing the vacuum lines- fuel gauge don't work (likely sending unit all of $150), bottom seat covers have come undone..

was it worth it? Honestly the plan is to fix a couple things and flip it as we're not Vette people..

Hopefully the frame mounts aren't rotten.
Those can be very expensive if the body mounts are shot.
Good buy otherwise.

It's not worth what you gave for it. Good luck.

Oh no....no Barracuda? My friend works at a Vette resto shop here in MN and he says those cars are money pits....good luck

Around here you could make a few $ at that price. How many a-bodies can you find with a rebuilt motor and trans, nice body and black paint, for close to that kind of money?
Dallas

Heck, even if you only make a grand or so, you're still ahead. Good luck!

C3's are gaining value. Even without pics, i think you did alright.
x2 around here you fix the stuff and you could get around 6500.00 for a 79 vette even though they are pigs....bet nobody ever thought dodge darts would be worth more than a corvette....

I looked at half a dozen C3s and a couple C4s before I bought my 73 Satellite.

None were over 5K, except a C4 with a six speed and the 330 HP motor.

I've actually been seeing more in the 3-4K range in the last six months.

There was even a #1 (or at least #2+) early 70's C3 on Mecum that went for 7 or 8K.

They have to be DAMN nice, or big block cars to get anywhere close to 10.

Be careful what you spend.

Minnesota ain't Oklahoma, they use salt on the roads up there. The only thing to rust on a Vette is the frame, I hope you didn't get took.

I had a 1977 and can tell you after being an owner and looking at a bunch you need to look at the frame in front of the rear tires right where the rear axle swing arm mounts. If it is rotted there as 80 percent of them are run run fast because Vette people check that spot 1st and wont buy until you replace the frame.

Ya this car is gonna be a flipper.. haha I seen why it was cheap.. dog of a trans, shoddy floor patch on the drivers side, missing A/C parts, open vacuum hoses for the head lights, I seen most everything this car needs is $100-$500 at a time.. unless it's brand new wring for the car... $2,000 later..

Ya this car is gonna be a flipper.. haha I seen why it was cheap.. dog of a trans, shoddy floor patch on the drivers side, missing A/C parts, open vacuum hoses for the head lights, I seen most everything this car needs is $100-$500 at a time.. unless it's brand new wring for the car... $2,000 later..
Have you checked the frame yet in front of the rear tires?

-
Back